Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 06:07:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbfounded  (Read 1366 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: June 11, 2009, 08:35:35 AM »

I just.....
Should there....
This is....
Oh good grief

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090610/pl_mcclatchy/3249623

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:58:41 AM »

My husband sits there with his finger on the mute button, the minute a commercial starts, he hits it.  Commercials don't really bother me, I just tune them out (the Toyota ads are the worst) but it surely would be nice if they'd quiet them down. 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »

they don't bother me either.  it does bother me that congress would spend time on something like this.  i say again, they have way to much time on their hands!!

hit  the mute.  tune them out.  buy a smart TV that keeps the sound steady.  turn the dang thing off.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »

....  it does bother me that congress would spend time on something like this.....

That's what I thought.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »

My husband sits there with his finger on the mute button, the minute a commercial starts, he hits it.   

OMG- we're married to the same guy! grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »

mine too, but then he forgets to take the mute off when the programs starts.  sometime i just sit there and watch him to see how long it will take him to realize he's watching his program with no sound.   evil

you'll enjoy high speed.  it's more expensive, but there is so much stuff you have been missing! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:14:42 AM »

mine too, but then he forgets to take the mute off when the programs starts.  sometime i just sit there and watch him to see how long it will take him to realize he's watching his program with no sound.   evil

grin grin grin
How can one guy stand to be married to so many different women. shocked Opinionated, intelligent, conservative women at that!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 11:38:25 AM »

How can one guy stand to be married to so many different women. shocked Opinionated, intelligent, conservative women at that!

That's how we keep from getting bored  grin

Jerry

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »

" Congress will inevitably make it more messy than it needs to be," he said. "It's like going after a fly with a pistol."

yup.  Like an insane cowboy going after the fly.  And the fly is on the side of a building owned by an American corporation.  In the middle of a busy populated plaza. And the pistol doesn't have sights.  And neither does the cowboy.

<sigh>

The mute button thing is just too difficult for most people to figure out.  As are the volume controls.

Rick
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 07:12:17 PM »

grin grin grin
You've got that right, Liz!  Kathy, my husband always walks out of the room and leaves it on mute, I'm half paying attention to a program, then I realize it's back on - maddening!

And can I say it's a pleasure to be surrounded by such smart, intelligent, conservative and desireable women? 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cheryl
House Bee

top bar beekeeper

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 08:43:23 PM »

I don't like the loud commercials either. We mute them ourselves here at home.

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »

And can I say it's a pleasure to be surrounded by such smart, intelligent, conservative and desireable women? 

and don't you suppose we scare the daylights out of the left?  we should not exist  grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next