I went into my hives yesterday, thought it was time to put the 3rd medium on the packages I started 1st part of May and super the others. Ending up supering 5 of 5 hives and splitting my Russians as they were wall to wal brood and started building burr comb and queen cells. The Russian hive had 16 out of 16 frames with brood with the equivalent of 2 frames of drone cells so they were bursting at the seams, the reason for the burr comb and queen cells.
Luckily only one frame had queen cells (4) just above the bottom bar of the frame. I pulled alone with 2 more frames of brood from this hive and a frame each from 2 other hives to make a nuc out of the bait hive (double stacked nuc). I then took a frame of honey out of another hive because most of my hives had brood in every frame. Out of 5 hives and 80 frames there were only 2 frames dedicated to honey and 4 undrawn frames. The brood expansion, when hatched, alone would require supering or they would be over crowded from population.
So, I now Have 6 hives, the new split has the 5 frames of brood and the 4 queen cells in the top nuc box and the honey frame and 4 foundationless frames are in the bottom box. It is the 2nd time I took most of a split from this one hive, the frame of honey came from my early spring split. At the rate they are going I should have 3-5 hives with 4 medium boxes and the new split at 3 medium boxes before winter. The new split I will be taking to my brother in eastern Washington closer to Labor Day.