Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Prices  (Read 993 times)

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
Honey Prices
« on: June 07, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »
Whats the going prices for your table grade honey  :? Quarts and Pints.  Here in North Carolina this season the honey in my area is really light color this season. Last season we got 16$ for a quart for the poplar honey which is dark amber.
Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Honey Prices
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »
I have been getting $8.00 per pint this year. My first harvest was 40% clover, 40% blackberry, and 20% wildflower. It is very light and tasty. Sales have been good so far.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline homer

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
I have been getting $8.00 per pint this year. My first harvest was 40% clover, 40% blackberry, and 20% wildflower. It is very light and tasty. Sales have been good so far.

Steve

How can you be so sure of those percentages?

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »
Nothing is exact. 40% came from supers where the hives were located on located 300 acres of clover, 40% of the supers harvested were from hives on a u-pick blackberry farm, and 20% of the supers harvested were just whatever was blooming in the area.

When it is sold, it is just honey. If the customer asks, the above is what I tell them.  I am not that sure but that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline homer

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 03:09:19 PM »
Nothing is exact. 40% came from supers where the hives were located on located 300 acres of clover, 40% of the supers harvested were from hives on a u-pick blackberry farm, and 20% of the supers harvested were just whatever was blooming in the area.

When it is sold, it is just honey. If the customer asks, the above is what I tell them.  I am not that sure but that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Steve

Good to know.  All the places that I have my hives have such an abundance of different thing around them that I could never guess what they might be getting into.

Kurt

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »
$5.00 a 12oz no drip squeeze bottle is what I'm selling, like hot cakes! Honey is a yellow golden and very tasty!

...JP
"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here:

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
>Last season we got 16$ for a quart for the poplar honey which is dark amber.

Say WHAT!!! ;)

You guys kill me with these prices!!! I'm lucky to get $5 a pint ---- will go to $6 this year.

And John you are always crying the po-mouth :-X ;)
John 3:16

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »

And John you are always crying the po-mouth :-X ;)
[/quote]

I is a po-boy SC... :( Ifin it aint worth 16$ a quart Ill feed it to the bees. Didnt get but 32 quarts off one hive  :shock:

Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 07:07:30 PM »
I have been selling for the same price for 4 years now, I only sale pints and its $6.50 a pint or $6.00 a pint in a case of 12.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

anything