Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 03:14:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cindi: I just had one of those Special Moments!!  (Read 469 times)
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« on: June 06, 2009, 05:28:18 PM »

Cindi: I just had one of those Special Moments!! 
My 17 month old Grand Daughter, Puddin Head, and I have been putting out wild bird feed, shelled corn, and cracked corn along our drive for a couple of weeks now.  It has started to pay off.  The drive is 1/2 mile long with half through woods and half along a wood line bordering a hay field. I'm in a power wheelchair and she stands upon my footrests and between my knees. This time of day we only go down the wooded part due to the heat.  We've seen squirrels, rabbits, turkeys, and a couple of deer so far.  But today we struck gold!  Started out with a half dozen gray squirrels, then a cat squirrel, followed by a 1/2 grown cotton tail rabbit (got within 4ft before he hoped into the brush), and a streaked necked turtle laying eggs which she watched wide eyed for five minutes!!  But then just as we got to the point where we turn around come back a Doe and her spotted Fawn stepped into view about 30ft away.  The Doe just stood for a few seconds then started eating some of the clover we planted last fall.  The Fawn walked right over to us. Stopping about 10ft away and just watched us. Puddin Head was as still and quiet as a mouse.  Then after a few seconds it returned to its mother and we slowly turned and left them alone.  You should have heard her telling her Nee Nee (Grandmother) about it!!!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:19:57 AM »

HAB, thank you for thinking of me when you made this post.  I recall clearly that your Granddaughter's nickname is Puddin Head.  Such a beautiful nickname for the like same of a child.  Seventeen months old.  I recall that age with my Grandsons each.  You have painted a most beautiful picture, man with child.  It must be a joy for you to drive along with this child in tow, well actually, I know she is riding on the chair with you, beauty....Wow.  You are teaching at such an early age the joys of the wildlife that we can be such a huge part of.  You very obviously have some property?  Elaborate and tell about it....or maybe it is just a long driveway to your home?  Elaborate.  I would love to know.  HAB, do you have a camera? I would love to see a picture of your and your lil' gal, that would be a beautiful thing to see.  Thank you for being you, to bring these most beautiful little creatures to your Granddaughter's life, so she can enjoy these things of nature that bring such pleasure, my hat off to ya!!!  I've been away for quite a few days, so I just saw your post this morning, my time is short right now, so much to catch up on my farm, so I cannot say much more today.  Love our lives, live them like narry a tomorrow, and love to live, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »

she will remember that for all of her life!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next