Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 12:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bee Polen  (Read 420 times)
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« on: June 06, 2009, 09:49:01 AM »

Polen
I have just installed a pollen trap one one of my hives and the first day recieved about a table spoon worth of pollen....
I have heard about 1,000 ways to use it but was wondering how some of you guys ,and gals, prep and use it any suggestions would help thanks. 

Oh yah and I dont get ALL the bees pollen im gonna try and use the trap 2 times a week.....

Dave

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
utahbeekeeper
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »

Been trapping for a month with  Sundance top.  Getting 2 - 3 cups a week.  Even so, 50% of pollen getting inside.  It helps keep that hive from becoming pollen bound.  I take a teaspoon a day at breakfast.  No prep, as it appears very clean and dry.  I freeze it and it remains granular.

I believe that I feel better during the work day because of it.  Was looking for a nap most days, and now a 10 hour shift goes much better.

Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next