Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 06:40:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: off again  (Read 1567 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 02, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »

leaving early tomorrow for CA.  was hoping i'd get a chance to at least meet Annette, but as soon as i get there, we are all going camping.  it will be the first time that all the sibs have been together in years.  brother back from Afghanistan, and sister over from england.  my youngest brother is so excited.  smiley

i have packed the camping gear and the grungy clothes into the car (also the baby wipes).  now i have to grind enough coffee to get us through.  i guess i am the only one who knows how to make coffee with a camp pot!

it's a 10 or 11 hour drive, but i have downloaded the three volume series "History of the Roman Empire" onto my GPS.  i am ready!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »

Have a great time Kathy!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »

I do the same with my wife's GPS, I upload audiobooks from on line or from the County Library online system to a 2gig SD Card - which I know you know is enough room for dozens and dozens of books. I tend to keep it at least half full, although mostly she'll use the cars MP3 Player to listen to most books while driving to work and home. But if we are a way, we often use the GPS collection so that we have a great portable device with loud audio to listen to books together.

Have a great camping trip, I sure missed out on the sibling train, onlt having one brother who died young. Thanks the lucky stars for friends, each lights my noghts sky brightly and it is about as close to real family as you can ever get!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »

it's a 10 or 11 hour drive, but i have downloaded the three volume series "History of the Roman Empire" onto my GPS.  i am ready!!!

Round trip would get you almost half way thru the audiobook version of "Atlas Shrugged".    I just finished the 52 hours myself grin. Thanks for the great recommendation.   Next is Foutainhead.....

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »

i have not done The Fountainhead yet.  been on my list for a long time.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »

Loved the fountainhead and the movie wasn't bad either. Atlas shrugged was tougher to get through, been quite awhile since I've put that one in my hands.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »

it's a challenge, but one worth taking up.

a couple more that are easier and shorter!  America Alone by mark steyn and Liberty and Tyranny by mark levin.  the second is new and is a really good review of history, constitution, and changes.

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 08:17:04 PM »

Have a great time on your camping trip.

...JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 08:56:31 PM »

thanks.  i will.  pictures to follow.   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 11:14:07 PM »

Oh Kathy, that chance to get together with family, worth more than what words can say.  What is it with the bond between siblings?  I so often wonder how it can be so ding dang special.  You will have the time of your life with those dear souls.  Have fun, laugh your brains out, camping can be the most down-to-earth experience.  One with the wind and fire.  Take care, enjoy, savour each and every moment of your time together.  Now aren't you just plain and simply so glad that you know how to cook coffee on that campfire, smiling.  Enjoy, we'll hear from you when you get back, (and I am sure that you WILL have some pictures to show now, won't you, dear friend).  I will be thinking of you, as I join with my siblings and their clans in a huge get-together this Saturday night, as we share probably one of the last sibling get-togethers on our property, before our big move takes place.  We are doing pot luck, with the big campfire in the back field, hots dogs and marshies, um, yum.  Have the time of your lives.  Beautiful days, to live, love, share, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »

took 12 hours, but not a bad drive.  i enjoy the GPS, it keeps me company and it's fun to mess with it.  it gets upset when i don't go the way it wants me to go.  i'm going to see if i can cause it to have a nervous breakdown on the way home!!

the weather sucks.  we are headed up the mountain in the am.  last night there was constant lightening, thunder, hail, etc.  one of the worst t-storms i have ever been through here.  hope we don't have the same on our trip.  if you hear about a bunch of bodies washing out of a campground in Truckee, it's probably us  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »

Have fun on your camping trip

Johnny
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »

back.  got rained on and froze camping, but had a great time.  Truckee was COLD!!!

pics later, but after 12 hours of driving, i need a shower, coffee, and drugs!

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 11:55:27 PM »

Glad you survived. A trip like that makes you appreciate the little things in life so much more. And now you have all those sweet memories, of course now that you're on dry land!

...JP

and

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »

the mess tent.

BIL from england

the "stuff"

english BIL with his hands on a gun for the first time.  yikes!!  no, it's not loaded  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »

Nice pic's Kathy you should be used to camping in the rain living in Oregon and all grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »

Kathy, excellent, great to share, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next