Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 11:53:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 12420 times)
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

June was canceled.

Didn't you get the memo?
Oh no you don't. I still have a full month and a half til I'm year older. Cheesy
You ain't doin' that to me I tell ya.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »

follow the money, and in this case, follow the power/control.  who wins and who loses in this debate.  free market loses.  developing countries lose.  consumer loses.  governments, UN, and speech makers, win.

Yes, let's follow the money.  Is it ok if we follow it back to who makes billions every week that the public stays misinformed and therefore does nothing?

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »

If you create enough fear, about enough things, you can get anybody to do anything. 

Globe Warming is Fear Mongering.  It is nothing more that cyclic climate change, it's been going on for Millions, maybe even Billions of years.

Speaking of fear mongering:
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »

i have always wondered, global warming aside, who gets to pick what would be the perfect temp?  it has alternately been warmer and colder on this planet.  how is it that we now decide that we are in the right place and need to stay here?

i remember the great Global Freeze scare of the 70's.  it was just as entertaining and with many of the same people involved.  ah well, what is life without a good panic?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »

the whole of earth was a jungle around the time of the dinosaurs. then there was a modest cooling trend around 12000 years ago...
It was consumerism causing both I'm sure of it (And you can guarantee some pseudo-scientist would try to make it man's fault somehow.)
Kilimanjaro is recovering it's ice cap, the polar  bears are fine, I think my house was supposed to be beachfront THIS YEAR.

So many untruths... where to start....

here... I think all of these apply at one point or another....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JsdSDa_bM&feature=channel_page (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Kilimanjaro is recovering it's ice cap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nruCRcbnY0&feature=channel_page (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

I think my house was supposed to be beachfront THIS YEAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJeqgG3Tl8&feature=channel_page (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXtrLKru-Y&feature=channel_page (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »

i have always wondered, global warming aside, who gets to pick what would be the perfect temp?  it has alternately been warmer and colder on this planet.  how is it that we now decide that we are in the right place and need to stay here?

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

i remember the great Global Freeze scare of the 70's.  it was just as entertaining and with many of the same people involved.  ah well, what is life without a good panic?

I knew it would only be a matter of time before that untruth was once again said... did you think I wouldn't be prepared?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nTw0KneNLg&feature=channel_page (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »

i think you are alway prepared with more cool-aid.  tell me, do you use real sugar or that substitute crap?

i could list just as many rebuttals with real scientist using real science.  would it make a difference?  no.  you are vested in the fear mongering.  enjoy.  it will cost you.  unfortunately, it will cost those of us who have bought into the lie also. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »

i think you are alway prepared with more cool-aid.  tell me, do you use real sugar or that substitute crap?

i could list just as many rebuttals with real scientist using real science.  would it make a difference?  no.  you are vested in the fear mongering.  enjoy.  it will cost you.  unfortunately, it will cost those of us who have bought into the lie also. 

A little bit of a freudelin slip there Kathy?
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »

July?  Sorry about that!  Lips Sealed

Concerning Global Warming...

The Science is NOT settled.  Seems like those that follow the new religion of "Global Climate Change" (or whatever the new vouge term is) like to shout down those that disagree.  This is not how science works. 

Global warming as Religion:  Please see http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/religion.htm

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »

What? I'm what? Relatively elderly  huh

"Only the relatively elderly can remember the cynical haste with which the scaremongers dropped the “coming ice age” and embraced exactly the opposite prediction, but aimed at the same culprit – industry"

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »

me too, jerrymac.  don't you remember?  we are all supposed to be dead now.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 07:07:34 PM »

I knew it was suppose to be cold. Not sure if we would be dead yet.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 07:26:16 PM »

http://www.denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm

i remember a teacher bringing this in and scaring the crap out of us.  i think it was the same one that said we'd be back to horses by now because the world would run out of oil.

nothing is ever new.

this is linked off that page.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2006/fireandice/fireandice.asp

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 08:32:28 PM »

loved this part:

such as melting the Arctic ice cap by covering it with black soot or diverting arctic rivers, might create problems far greater than those they solve.

troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 09:05:45 PM »

Global warming is the new population explosion. I have gotten to the age were I have seen so many things that were suppose to happen not happen I don't believe anything anymore. What ever happened to alar on our apples,sars,bird flu,radon,black mold,legionaires desease,y2k,global cooling,population explosion,rainforest devastation,no room for landfills( I can't even find a landfill), these are just a few off the top of my head. They simply disappear into a pile of yesterdays news. When I was in 7Th grade, I was told we only have enough oil for twenty years, when I was in 12Th grade it was only going to last until the end of the century. I was told in my younger years that the population by the turn of the century would be unsustainable. Here I sit with a full tank of gas and a enough room between me and my neighbour I have to strain my eyes to see his house.
  A little critical thinking goes a long way.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 09:41:46 PM »

We were supposed to freeze to death in the dark  by the 90's, according to the chuckleheads in the 70's.  Same stuff, different decade. 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »

We were supposed to freeze to death in the dark  by the 90's, according to the chuckleheads in the 70's.  Same stuff, different decade. 

You haven't really been paying much attention, have you?  That lie was already ripped up earlier... once again, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nTw0KneNLg&feature=channel_page (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »

Dude. I'm supposed to believe a youtube video when the guy can't even pronounce "Arrhenius"?

Please.  More facts and less Hollywood.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 12:22:27 AM »

Dude. I'm supposed to believe a youtube video when the guy can't even pronounce "Arrhenius"?

Please.  More facts and less Hollywood.

That all you've got?  A mispronounciation? 
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »

That's all you got?  Biased, unscientific youtube videos of questionable production value?

Credible sources are the key, my friend.  That isn't one.

Why did you even start this thread?  You don't want to learn anything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next