Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 24, 2014, 04:50:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 13272 times)
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »

In theory,if the globe warms,we should need a lot less fossil fuel to heat our homes.Man has always struggled to stay warm.maybe our problems are solved.

Excellent point! Smiley
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »

Maybe if the globe warms,we can grow a rainforest in PA.Wouldn't that solve all the worlds problems?And we can drink those drinks here in a hut with a thatched roof.
 In theory,if the globe warms,we should need a lot less fossil fuel to heat our homes.Man has always struggled to stay warm.maybe our problems are solved.

No, then we'd start using energy to stay cool.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2009, 09:47:58 AM »

Yes you are being silly, because that graph shows how sea levels have been rising since a little after 1900, around the time of the industrial revolution.   Go ahead and match it up with the global temperature graph on the right a little below it… the temperature there began warming at the same time. 
My point is exactly that it is LINEAR.  Our carbon dioxide production is NOT.  Linear indicates some sort of equilibrium, which is exactly what the AGW proponents say that we are NOT in!!  A linear graph is exactly what we WOULDN'T expect as the supposed trickle of CO2 in the early 1900's turned into the supposed storm of CO2 output we have now.  Expecially considering that the temperature graph doesn't match.
Too bad people nowadays don't know math.

This just in!  The Sun’s not getting any warmer… and there were no more sunspots over the last decade than there were in the 1940’s.  While solar maximum and minimum do play a role in how warm we get, it’s an 11 year cycle, so instead of that graph that shows temperatures rising since the industrial revolution, we should see a graph that resembles a sine-wave.  But we're not seeing that because our activities have caused a situation in which periods of diminished sunspot activities are being counteracted by additional greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere.

Yes, we are.  The media is just reluctant to publish it because all of the celebrities and politicians now have a pet project and gullible people are following like sheep.  Snow anybody?

"Sheeple" we call them on our anti-anthropomorphic global warming website forums... tongue

Rick
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »

This is a little off topic, but related, and I got a kick out of the article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tennessee-burger-king-defends-its-global-warming-is-baloney-sign-2009-6

excerpt:

The Burger King in Tennesse that says "Global Warming Is Baloney" went on the record to defend itself with Leo Hickman of the Guardian. What followed was "one of the more memorable calls" Hickman's ever had as a journalist.
The franchise remains defiant, saying, "We're not sheeple around here, and while Barack Obama would like to have you believe that no one is entitled to have a view other than his, if someone wants to stand up and say "Global Warming is Baloney", then I'm all for it."
If you missed this story, here's a catch-up. Chris Davis, a reporter for the Memphis Flyer, spotted a Burger King blaring "Global Warming Is Baloney" on its sign early last week. When he called the franchise to ask about the sign, the franchise played dumb, saying "I don't see that sir." The reporter told them he had photos of the sign. The franchise didn't know what to say to that, and told him to call Burger King's corporated HQ. Here's the full transcript.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2009, 04:55:17 PM »

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/content/view/3562/218/

"The over 700 dissenting scientists are now more than 13 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers. The 59 additional scientists hail from all over the world, including Japan, Italy, UK, Czech Republic, Canada, Netherlands, the U.S. and many are affiliated with prestigious institutions including, NASA, U.S. Navy, U.S. Defense Department, Energy Department, U.S. Air Force, the Philosophical Society of Washington (the oldest scientific society in Washington), Princeton University, Tulane University, American University, Oregon State University, U.S. Naval Academy and EPA. "

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »

I've been round and round and round this topic in you tube, No matter what facts I present they have an opposing answer - in addition to talking to me like a total dimwit for having the  nerve to be so 'ignorant'. They only fall short of telling me that the only possible way I can understand the situation is to be a climatologist - probably with a doctoral degree and even then I'd better not disagree or it will be obvious that the oil companies own me.
It's a bad religion. It has all the earmarks. 1. absolute acceptance. 2 Denial and Automatic refutation of  any evidence contrary to their belief.
3. martyrdom (the situation of alone-ness in the face of large and powerful enemies. usually imagined and even numerically inverse in this case) 4. Attack and persecution of all heretics. etc. etc.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

you got off easy.  usually the left resorts to suggesting that you do anatomically imposable things with yourself.  this happens on the 4th evolution of the argument.  once they have run through their top 3 rebuttals, they have nothing more to give. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2009, 03:42:04 AM »

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/content/view/3562/218/

"The over 700 dissenting scientists are now more than 13 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers. The 59 additional scientists hail from all over the world, including Japan, Italy, UK, Czech Republic, Canada, Netherlands, the U.S. and many are affiliated with prestigious institutions including, NASA, U.S. Navy, U.S. Defense Department, Energy Department, U.S. Air Force, the Philosophical Society of Washington (the oldest scientific society in Washington), Princeton University, Tulane University, American University, Oregon State University, U.S. Naval Academy and EPA. "

Yeah, I signed that thing too.  Did you know I had a PhD?  Neither did I, but according to them I do.   tongue
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2009, 04:00:13 AM »

Maybe if the globe warms,we can grow a rainforest in PA.Wouldn't that solve all the worlds problems?And we can drink those drinks here in a hut with a thatched roof.

No, then we'd start using energy to stay cool.

Here's another common misconception (and this is the one that has prompted changing the name from gloabal warming to climate change).  Global warming does not mean that every part of the globe will experience warmer weather.  In fact, it's very possible that areas north of the jet stream in the northern hemisphere (but south of the arctic circle) and south of the jetstream in the southern hemisphere (but north of the antarctic circle) will experience colder weather as increased temperature differences between the poles and the equator could cause increased arctic winds so that while the artic or antarctic may heat up by several degrees, areas near the artic could get more arctic air pushed their way.  There's no specific guarantee in any one area however, because while it may be getting boosted by global warming this effect is still a weather effect and therefore will remain highly volatile and frequently shifting.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »

give it up sarge.  the wheels are coming off that train and the passengers are jumping out as fast as they can.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »

give it up sarge.  the wheels are coming off that train and the passengers are jumping out as fast as they can.

I'm afraid you've got it the other way around... look around you... look at the last election.   grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »

and it's going so well, and people are so happy!!

wait for the next election.  i'd lay money that the worship of "the one" will have worn pretty thin by then. 

of course....by then we may have lost the right to vote.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »

Many were voting against anything related to Bush (that Bush Hatred Syndrome so many are affected with clouded their vision completely, and continues to do so).  The Democrats could have run Bozo the Clown and he would have won hands down.  The lamestream media continues to come up with polls that show Obama's approval rating is stellar, but the shine is coming off the apple.  The shine has already fallen off of the Global Warming apple, that's why they've jumped to Climate Change.  No kidding, the climate changes, it has done so since the earth began.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »

and it's going so well, and people are so happy!!

wait for the next election.  i'd lay money that the worship of "the one" will have worn pretty thin by then. 

of course....by then we may have lost the right to vote.....

Yep, we will see with the next election.  I'll get my earplugs ready so I don't have to hear too much whining about how we're all doomed since the nation didn't elect any repubs again.   grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2009, 12:09:58 AM »

we are all doomed.  it will probably be to late to pull back by the next election.

someday, start a thread and tell us all what you think is so great about the obama reign.  specific programs, etc.  i love to hear how you justify unaccountable czars, and nationalizing of companies.

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »

we are all doomed.  it will probably be to late to pull back by the next election.

someday, start a thread and tell us all what you think is so great about the obama reign.  specific programs, etc.  i love to hear how you justify unaccountable czars, and nationalizing of companies.

Oh that's easy... I can do that in just 3 words...

He's not Bush.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »

Many were voting against anything related to Bush (that Bush Hatred Syndrome so many are affected with clouded their vision completely, and continues to do so).  The Democrats could have run Bozo the Clown and he would have won hands down. The lamestream media continues to come up with polls that show Obama's approval rating is stellar, but the shine is coming off the apple.  The shine has already fallen off of the Global Warming apple, that's why they've jumped to Climate Change.  No kidding, the climate changes, it has done so since the earth began.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »

He's not Bush.

since bush wasn't running, that's not a very good explanation of your support for obama and his policies.

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2009, 12:53:55 AM »

He's not Bush.

since bush wasn't running, that's not a very good explanation of your support for obama and his policies.

Well actually it is.  You wanted to know why I'm not running around screaming like a chicken with my head cut off at the attrocity of Obama in office... it's because he's not Bush... since I think pretty much anybody is better than Bush was, that transfers to a belief that we must therefore be better off than we were when Bush was in office.  Even if Obama isn't the best thing since sliced bread, the fact that we have someone better in office than the last guy, is enough for me to not be as worried about this nations future as I was last year.  When things are getting better, I don't tend to complain.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2009, 12:58:55 AM »

He's not Bush.

Well actually it is.  You wanted to know why I'm not running around screaming like a chicken with my head cut off at the attrocity of Obama in office... it's because he's not Bush... since I think pretty much anybody is better than Bush was, that transfers to a belief that we must therefore be better off than we were when Bush was in office.  Even if Obama isn't the best thing since sliced bread, the fact that we have someone better in office than the last guy, is enough for me to not be as worried about this nations future as I was last year.  When things are getting better, I don't tend to complain.

That statement shows so much ignorance and bias that reasoning with someone who would actually utter or write such dribble is futile. evil

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next