Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 08:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things one can't believe.  (Read 4433 times)
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:06 AM »

Any dope can see that I wasn't being humorous in that part.  I've given exactly two attempts at humor in this thread... they are here:
for all I know those Shaolin monks were ticked off at the way he portrayed them in movies and took their revenge or something.
and here:
I see my attemps at humor are wasted on you, grasshopper.

SgtMaj as usual is now resorting to name calling, stronger words to follow I'm sure.

What SgtMaj seems to be unaware of is that while sarcasm might accidently be humorous, sarcasm, in and of itself is not humor.

He needs to learn how to indicate his meaning more outright by using:  Smiley  Wink grin cheesy evil banana devil yippie chick rant lau or some other type of signal so members of the forum have a better idea of what his intent is.  I think all of us on the forum deserve the courtesy.

And I think that if a person is incapable of understanding the meaning of what someone says... with or without smilies... then they might want to consider refraining from weighing in on what that person said until they do understand the meaning.

By the way, I didn't call you any names there... what I said was "Any dope can see that I wasn't being humorous in that part."  and I don't believe for one second that you truely don't know the difference between this and a joke (or sarcasm for that matter):

I don't necessarily believe that suicide is a cowardly act.  It can be, but isn't necessarily so.  It really depends on the circumstances.

Brian you may be full of crap here, but you're not that stupid.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:02:57 AM by SgtMaj » Logged
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 01:16:15 AM »

Rude and Crude, right SgtMaj?  Make your point regardless of who you offend?

Under the rules of debate the object is to win your argument by the use of logic, history, science, and occasionally, humor.  Your opponent is referred to as "My Esteemed Collegue or Opponent" in a respectful way.

Unfortunately your logic is lacking and your respect is non-existant.  I haven't reported your bombasts to the moderators but I can understand why may have and why you've gotten the warnings from the BeeMaster on this subject.  I am perfectly capable of fighting my own battles but since you obviously relish the hate and constrination you create, mistaking it for intellectual repartee, anything I have to say on the matter is only going to fall on deaf ears.

In order to listen one must close their mouth.    lau

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 01:57:45 AM »

Rude and Crude, right SgtMaj?  Make your point regardless of who you offend?

Under the rules of debate the object is to win your argument by the use of logic, history, science, and occasionally, humor.  Your opponent is referred to as "My Esteemed Collegue or Opponent" in a respectful way.

Unfortunately your logic is lacking and your respect is non-existant.  I haven't reported your bombasts to the moderators but I can understand why may have and why you've gotten the warnings from the BeeMaster on this subject.  I am perfectly capable of fighting my own battles but since you obviously relish the hate and constrination you create, mistaking it for intellectual repartee, anything I have to say on the matter is only going to fall on deaf ears.

In order to listen one must close their mouth.    lau

You're right... clearly my logic was lacking when I accepted the dictionary definition instead of someone's personal and arbitrary definition for the word... how silly could I be?

Yeah, you're right, I don't care who I offend too much.  Some people like other people, but I'm not one of those people.  I tend to think that the world would be a pretty awesome place if it weren't for all the people crowded together on it.  But perhaps I should try to consider republicans' feelings more... that seems to be more important than ideas to them (not that this is a political topic, but the group here is by in large republican).

And who could have seen complaints comming?  Oh yeah... I forgot that I did... back in April, when I said:
I have to say, this board has some great groupthink going on here.  Anyone with a dissenting point of view has been intimidated out of expressing it here.  Between exclusion from the clique and the group dogpile your little gang has quite handily managed to silence the opposing viewpoints around here.  That doesn't make you right though, it just makes you a bully.  You'll find that I'm not so easily bullied though. I'm sure the next thing you'll try is getting your gang to complain to the mods/admins until you at least think you can force me either out, or to at least keep my mouth shut while you preach your political dogma.

... and what's that?  you want me to keep my mouth shut?  I'm shocked!  (that's sarcasm... since you say you have some kind of difficulty distinguishing it in my posts)

You know, sometimes I get tired of being so right so frequently.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 02:03:36 AM »

or a father who gives his life so his son could live (what planet is this permitted on?)

Hre's an example of something similar happening:

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,22816.0.html

I just have a hard time with judging someone like that to be a selfish coward before even bothing to examine his situation.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:04:13 AM by SgtMaj » Logged
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 05:56:14 AM »

a person that lives with pain and misery day after day and has nothing to look forward to except more days of pain and misery for as long as he lives?

I've been living with acute/chronic pain for more than 30 years, I'm only 60 now. so I plan on living at least another 10 years with just as much, if not more, pain as I have been.  The human mind can only tolerate so much pain, after that they pass out.  You don't feel pain while unconscious or under anesthesia.  I do take pain medication to curb to high points.  Most people who encounter such pain as I have on a daily basis are usually in the hospital.  From personal experience enduring acute pain is not a reason for committing suicide.

Have you ever seen a person in the hospital suffering so much that the "loved ones" stop coming around because they can't stand to see the person suffering? Ever hear of inducing coma because even under anesthesia they are suffering?

Lying around a hospital in such conditions, racking up medical bills just ain't no way to live.

And can you honestly say you never had the thoughts of "When will it end?" "Is it worth it?"

I take these pills to keep me alive and they pretty much make me useless for the biggest part of the day. I walk around in a fog. My head feels like a sloshing bucket of water under pressure like a balloon. My limbs feel weak and I stumble around a lot. My eye lids feel like weights have been put on them and I finally just give up and go back to bed. My head hurts all the times. Medication keeps it to a dull annoyance most of the time but then there are those times nothing helps.  Can't get a good nights sleep and feel tired and run down all the time.

I go around cracking jokes trying to keep other people laughing so that I don't drag them down into sadness. That makes me feel a bit better. And I will probably never commit suicide. But I also understand when living isn't living.

Are you calling it cowardly because you think they should walk up and say, "Oh. By the way. I am going to end my life today. Thought I would give you a chance to say good-bye."

Now they would have to go through the whole discussion of why they shouldn't do it. They would be subjected to more pain and suffering because they would be committed to the mental institution.

So it makes you mad they went and done this. You want to take it as a personal insult against you. Now that is pretty selfish. Don't judge the person you don't know or know how they felt.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 10:22:28 PM »

a person that lives with pain and misery day after day and has nothing to look forward to except more days of pain and misery for as long as he lives?

I've been living with acute/chronic pain for more than 30 years, I'm only 60 now. so I plan on living at least another 10 years with just as much, if not more, pain as I have been.  The human mind can only tolerate so much pain, after that they pass out.  You don't feel pain while unconscious or under anesthesia.  I do take pain medication to curb to high points.  Most people who encounter such pain as I have on a daily basis are usually in the hospital.  From personal experience enduring acute pain is not a reason for committing suicide.

Have you ever seen a person in the hospital suffering so much that the "loved ones" stop coming around because they can't stand to see the person suffering? Ever hear of inducing coma because even under anesthesia they are suffering?

Why would anyone refuse to see an ailing friend or relative that is suffering from acute pain and other health problems?  Each opportunity to see them may be the last time ever in this life, why give that up just because it makes a person ill or unconfortable to see the person suffer.  The kindest thing we can do is to be there for them, even if it's only for a few seconds each visit. 
I have no problem with inducing a coma to reduce the pain, but a coma is not suicide, if you can't understand the difference then I don't know what to say.

Lying around a hospital in such conditions, racking up medical bills just ain't no way to live.

Beem there, done that.  It is not a fun way to live but it is living and as long as we live we have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience that will be invaluable to us after death.

And can you honestly say you never had the thoughts of "When will it end?" "Is it worth it?"

I have thought about when will it end, but I've never thought that it wasn't worth it. 

I take these pills to keep me alive and they pretty much make me useless for the biggest part of the day. I walk around in a fog. My head feels like a sloshing bucket of water under pressure like a balloon. My limbs feel weak and I stumble around a lot. My eye lids feel like weights have been put on them and I finally just give up and go back to bed. My head hurts all the times. Medication keeps it to a dull annoyance most of the time but then there are those times nothing helps.  Can't get a good nights sleep and feel tired and run down all the time.

That sounds like you might even have some idea of what my day is like 24/7.

I go around cracking jokes trying to keep other people laughing so that I don't drag them down into sadness. That makes me feel a bit better. And I will probably never commit suicide. But I also understand when living isn't living.

Humor is always a relief and yes laughing makes a person forget their pain for just a few seconds.  They are very thankful for that.  Being in chronic pain and/or terminally ill doesn't remove a persons sense of humor or the ability to laugh at a good joke or fanny situation.  I had a friend die of Lou Gherig's Disease, At the end the only part of their body that still functioned was the brain.  I would call that living when it might not be worth it, the other is senality to the point of vegitative state.  But in neither case is suicide an appropriate solution.

Are you calling it cowardly because you think they should walk up and say, "Oh. By the way. I am going to end my life today. Thought I would give you a chance to say good-bye."

No, I'm calling it cowardly because suicide is an insult to God, their parents, their family, and themselves. 

Now they would have to go through the whole discussion of why they shouldn't do it. They would be subjected to more pain and suffering because they would be committed to the mental institution.

In Washington and Oregon we have the "Death with Dignity Act" that allows terminally ill people to end their own life by medical means.  It is still suicide, still a tragic event, but there is sufficient safeguards to prevent a hasty miscarriage.  Even with that option less than 2% of terminally ill people choose that option.  Why?  Because when they've had time to think about it, discuss it with family and friends, they come to realize that by choosing an early death they are cheating their loved ones.
Most suicide attempts are a call for help, most successful suicides are an accident of miscalculation.  At least that is so in the case of "Mental Illness" and other suicides are still miscalculations because of the euphoric sexual or high that is achieved in close calls. 

The intentional self destruction called suicide is what we were discussing and that is what is cowardly.  Unintentional deaths, whether suicide or by some other means may not be cowardly but they are still tragic.

So it makes you mad they went and done this. You want to take it as a personal insult against you. Now that is pretty selfish. Don't judge the person you don't know or know how they felt.

It doesn't made me mad, it makes me very sad.  It is not an insult to or against me, it is an insult to God and themselves.  I don't judge, not trying to, but I do have the right to express my opinion and from my own personal experience I have spiritual reasons for that opinion.  Most people never have the opportunity to talk to or see those who have passed on or those who have yet to come out of or into this world, I've had both.  It is that experience that gives me my perspective.  Ending life early for purely selfish reasons is a cowards way out and an insult to God and themselves.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »

Time to say GOODBYE to Sarge, enough of his baiting other members into fighting and bickering with him - he has made every efforts on several occasions that has lead to warnings and in his many replies of "this post" he has called members several names and insulted their intelligence and made every effort to get them to act and respond in the same ways he does.

For that, it is time he goes - no more warnings, no more insults and I hope those of you who have been aggravated by him enjoy the peace. Be kind to each other, I know you all play nice, but this person is far to confrontational and argumentative, which wouldn't be so bad EXCEPT he enjoys it too much.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »

AP Exclusive: No Carradine suicide, expert says

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090611/ap_on_en_mo/us_carradine_death

LOS ANGELES – The forensics expert hired by David Carradine's family has concluded that the "Kung Fu" actor did not commit suicide, but said that more information was needed from Thai investigators before the cause of death could be determined.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:42 PM »

Wow Jerrymac- I was just about to log on and post that very story. You and I must frequent the same news sites. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next