Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 03:50:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Government Motors closing dealers - Mostly GOP supporters.  (Read 1268 times)
Vibe
House Bee

« on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/05/dealergate-statistical-evidence-that.html
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/05/red-alert-did-campaign-contributions.html

At first blush, it looks like the vast majority of the dealerships being closed are those which did not support the Obama campaign. And that decision is not coming from the Chrysler HQ.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »

I saw Michelle Malkin talking about it this morning, and will be interested to see what the numbers show.
wayne
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »

So far the only Obama supporter closed was in direct compitition with a bigger doner.

I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.
eri
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »

Be careful with incomplete statistics. The names of the closed dealerships have not been released, and even if they were, the political association of all dealership owners would have to be assessed, as well as their history of political donations. It may turn out that an overwhelming majority of dealership owners are both Republican and tend to donate to political campaigns. The current unsubstantiated "conspiracy theory" and the repetition of it is how propaganda is created and spread. When all the data are in, I'll listen. "Sheeple" come in all colors smiley

On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »

Be careful with incomplete statistics. The names of the closed dealerships have not been released,

Apparently, yes they have.
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2009/05/chrysler-dealers-to-be-cut-and-kept/

and even if they were, the political association of all dealership owners would have to be assessed, as well as their history of political donations.

That too seems to be well underway
http://www.scribd.com/doc/15436481/List-of-Chrysler-Dealers-to-be-Closed

It may turn out that an overwhelming majority of dealership owners are both Republican and tend to donate to political campaigns.

That particular "fact" does not seem to be playing out.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »

You know... I have to wonder if people read the articles they post here... this was a few paragraphs down in one of the articles you posted Vibe.

President Obama has been charged with forcing the closure of Chrysler dealers who contributed to the Republican Party, even though the chairman of the new Chrysler Group was a member of G.W. Bush’s election organization and has consistently contributed to Republicans running for Congress and the White House.  The source of this story, which has been featured on dozens of sites now and appears to have been picked up by Rush Limbaugh, is a Republican dealership-owning Congressman whose franchise is being pulled, whose evidence is a quote from a Republican lawyer for the dealers who are losing their franchises.

While originally the story claimed that all the 789 dealers losing their franchises were owned by Republican Party donors, the story quickly changed to all-but-one. Some research on a neocon blog which repeatedly made reference to “Chicago politics” and attempted to paint Obama as a ruthless communist showed, however, that eight of 39 dealership owners who had made donations that appeared in public databases had donated to Democratic candidates, which means that there appear to be more Democrats (as a percentage) in the closing dealerships than in the ones staying open.

It may turn out that an overwhelming majority of dealership owners are both Republican and tend to donate to political campaigns.
That particular "fact" does not seem to be playing out.

Apparantly it already did, you just failed to read your own articles that you listed as "proof".
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 03:35:39 PM »

You know... I have to wonder if people read the articles they post here... this was a few paragraphs down in one of the articles you posted Vibe.

Apparantly it already did, you just failed to read your own articles that you listed as "proof".

LOL.
I read them. But just as you are doing with some of the "evidence" I considered the source and expected as much to be "said". As of yet there is not "proof" either way, but it still smells bad enough for a few Senators and Reps to be calling for an official investigation. And that was as recently as last Friday the 29th. I'm also sure that there were some markets that actual market pressures were simply too large to ignore for other motivators.

When so much "transparency" is promised, and so much emphasis placed upon "apperances", this fiasco creates more suspicion than it soothes.

- Marcus Aurelius -
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 04:47:19 PM »

SEN. JOAN VERGER democrat. Her and her husband had the local dealer ship here. And it's staying open. VERGER CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE there son has it now as of two years ago. rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 12:38:11 AM »

LOL.
I read them. But just as you are doing with some of the "evidence" I considered the source and expected as much to be "said". As of yet there is not "proof" either way, but it still smells bad enough for a few Senators and Reps to be calling for an official investigation. And that was as recently as last Friday the 29th. I'm also sure that there were some markets that actual market pressures were simply too large to ignore for other motivators.

When so much "transparency" is promised, and so much emphasis placed upon "apperances", this fiasco creates more suspicion than it soothes.

So you're saying your own sources are bad? 

By the way, that source you quoted also gives away why that rep is calling for an official investigation... because his dealership is being shut down.  Sour grapes from a congressman is all this is. 
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 07:13:55 AM »

wrong thread.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »

So you're saying your own sources are bad? 
Let's just say that I'm not making nor accepting any claims that any one source is "gospel", and go from there. Cheesy
By the way, that source you quoted also gives away why that rep is calling for an official investigation... because his dealership is being shut down.  Sour grapes from a congressman is all this is. 
But there is more than just the one calling for it. But since we are speculating - I'd guess that there was some constituent pressure to do this as well.

- Marcus Aurelius -
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »

But there is more than just the one calling for it. But since we are speculating - I'd guess that there was some constituent pressure to do this as well.

Or the old boys club looks out for it's own... congressman have the expectation that they will recieve preferrential treatment, so not receiving such treatment must have come as a real slap in the face to that congressman.  I have no doubt that several of his fellows are also complaining loudly on his behalf and perhaps because a few may be afraid of losing preferrential treatments they've received elsewhere.

Personally, I don't think there should be one set of rules for them and another for everyone else, so I applaud Obama for having the nuts to stand up to these charlatans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next