I have been stung twice this year while at my hives. The first one was cake. I was able to get the stinger out very quickly and it really had no pain. The second one was in the top tip of my ear and I had all sorts of problems finding and getting the stinger out. When I got stung both times, I started to count one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand.... The first one was out by 2 second mark, the 2nd one was out around the 12 second mark. That one hurt. I was not in dire pain rolling on the ground calling 911 or anything, but it sure was a lot worse than the first one! I knew it had to be because of that much more bee venom in my system, but I wasn't expecting how much more.
Anyway, with the 2nd one it was pretty cool because the stinger was on my finger (after I scraped it out of course) and you could see the poison sack still pumping! I'm not sure I'd go get stung just to see this, but it was fun watching it once the sting was done. Might have been more fun if it were a stinger out of someone else :-D
How long was the stinger in before you got it out?