Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 11:23:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing more Battlefield land this time to WALMART  (Read 2520 times)
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »

Whatever else happens, remember that the plot of land in question is PRIVATE PROPERTY and shall remain so until the government purchases it at market price (with all the money it has) or perhaps some historical society.

Now we have people trying to dictate to the owners of the PRIVATE PROPERTY that they can do NOTHING with the PRIVATE PROPERTY that they purchased probably at a premium.

Do I feel another emenent domain wedgie coming on?

I don't care if it is on a battle field or near one or 100 miles away...if somebody is going to destroy the value of the PRIVATE PROPERTY then there should be some compensation.

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 03:19:17 PM »

300,000,000+ Americans alive today, how many will actually go see one of these historical places?

Historical places are like sports. Some people are onto them and others are not. They only mean something to the people that like them.

I wouldn't give two nickles for the Mona Lisa..... but that's just me.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

it's kind of like setting aside gazillions of acres for the deer and bear.  now when when we go up to pull these idiot day hikers out of whatever hole they fell into, we won't even have logging roads to go in on.  but hey....maybe the bears will find them first!  nature....gotta love it!!   evil

kind of ot, i know.  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »

Don't get me started. If some idiot goes and does some stupid something, and gets himself in trouble, I say leave him/her there. Perhaps it might help purge the gene pool.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »

300,000,000+ Americans alive today, how many will actually go see one of these historical places?

Historical places are like sports. Some people are onto them and others are not. They only mean something to the people that like them.

I wouldn't give two nickles for the Mona Lisa..... but that's just me.

Good point.  I'd imagine that a walmart and a larger commercial center (bigger than the one that already exists across the street and down a few feet from the proposed site) would attract more people, which people would be more likely to stop at the battlefield site and participate and soak up some of the history there.

I wouldn't mind Mona Lisa except for that stupid smirk on her face.  Like she's staring at a booger on my cheek or something.

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »

I watch that History Channel Series "Life after people". Showed the Mona Lisa in this grand protective case. Thing cost more than all the houses I ever lived in and I have lived in a whole bunch of houses.

Just doesn't sit well. An old painting of some old broad that no one alive ever knew and people put such a high price on it.  rolleyes

OK I'll drag it back on topic. Throw her onto the battlefield and put in a parking lot.

Jerry

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next