Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 20, 2014, 01:09:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protecting the woodware, Linseed oil and Bees Wax?  (Read 1293 times)
jeremy_c
House Bee

« on: May 23, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »

I have 4 langstroth hives that I purchased w/paraffin dipped. I have bought 4 supers/frames/foundation (from a different place to try diff equipment) to go on top as 1 needs it now. I should have bought them earlier on and had everything prepared. Anyway, in the book Barefoot Beekeper, he has a mix for Linseed Oil and Bees Wax. Any thoughts on this? Also, one of my main concerns is how long should I let something like that dry before putting it on the beehive? I will only be treating the outside of course, but I am unsure about the odor.

Jeremy

Bee section of my blog: http://jeremy.lifewithchrist.org/category/bee-keeping.html ... has stories, pictures and videos of a new beekeeper.
Ross
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:12:09 PM »

neither linseed oil nor wax provide any appreciable amount of weather protection or UV protection.

www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next