Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 03:10:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First swarm of the season... LOST!!! AHHHH!!!!  (Read 799 times)
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« on: May 21, 2009, 06:19:05 PM »

Got my first swarm call of the season today!  Wasn't ready and took about a hour to get ready and go to the guy's place.  He calls my cell as I'm turning down his road and tells me the swarm just left and he didn't see where they went.  Was a total waste.  Ugh.  I need bees badly and couldn't afford to buy packages this season.  Was really depending on this swarm.  Oh well, hopefully I'll get a few more calls this year.

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:20:53 PM »

make a swarm kit.  all you have to do is grab and go!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 10:54:42 PM »

I remember JP telling me that I need to go immediately when I got my first swarm call. I was going to wait a couple of hours and get some things done around the house, and he said to go now. He said they very often leave really quickly.
NasalSponge
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »

I went on one the other day had the same thing happen....nothing left but a few scout bees that missed the boat....disappointing but that happens.

Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »

make a swarm kit.  all you have to do is grab and go!

Usually I have an extra deep hive body all ready to go but I used it last season and forgot to replace it.  Even still, it only took me a half hour to put it all together and a half hour to drive to the guy's house.  Still was too late.  Ugh.  Oh well, hopefully I'll have better luck next time.  I just really needed these bees to replace all the ones that keep dieing on me.   Cry

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »

Oh Sean, that is a bummer eh?  Well, another day, you'll get those bees to replace the ones you have lost.  Keep that chin up!!! smiling.  AND, have a wonderful and great day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next