Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 01:29:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Vick ( he's a pro athelete Jerry)  (Read 1308 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: May 20, 2009, 01:59:17 PM »

I saw Michael Vick was released from prison today. The Atlanta owner has said he will never play for them again. My question I guess is if you were an owner or GM would you take a chance on him? Some people I spoke to about it  say  they would they say he sells tickets. I would not I think he is garbage, just curious what ya'll think

Keith
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »

sometimes no matter how many seats they fill, keeping them is too much like approving of what they did. Other much less dubious heroes will have his shoes filled and he'll be forgotten in  year.

be happy and make others happy.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 03:17:23 PM »

controversy sells in this country.  I'd bet there a GM somewhere that will agree.  I dont like what he did but thats just me. I also dont like Jerry Springer but what do I know
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

I saw the GM from New England has expressed interest. To me I find the guy a trash ball, even before he got into the dogfighting trouble he was busted in an airport with marijauna and also was pulled over once and found a gun. To me he is showing a pattern.
I believe all deserve a second chance but he has had way to many.
If the Saints were to sign this guy I don't believe I would support them any more

Keith
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »

I saw the GM from New England has expressed interest. To me I find the guy a trash ball, even before he got into the dogfighting trouble he was busted in an airport with marijauna and also was pulled over once and found a gun. To me he is showing a pattern.
I believe all deserve a second chance but he has had way to many.
If the Saints were to sign this guy I don't believe I would support them any more

Keith

From this post I gather he was in trouble for dog fighting? Remember that was legal to do at one time. From a headline I read isn't he still under house arrest or something. And when done with that hasn't he paid the time for the crime? So why shouldn't he get his old job back?

Everybody always talks as if they never did anything wrong in their lives.  rolleyes
Doesn't the good book teach forgiveness?
Judge not lest you be judged.
Treat others as you would have them treat you.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »

I hear you Jerry but my issue is the crime he committed was such that most of the population was disgusted to the point to not want to forgive. Also this wasn't 1st mistake was just the worst in a series of mistakes

Keith
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »

Also one must consider that we probably like a lot of folks that just haven't been caught (yet)  grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 06:55:21 PM »

To love a person doesnt mean you have to like them..I figure vicks done his time...as far as the law says. But.....Theres always consequences for wrong choices...maybe he'll just be a regular guy now....But People will carry on thinking about what he's shown himself to be and what he's capable of doing.
As for myself...I have no use for dog fighters. I could hammer them as easy as I could kill a hawk destroying my pigeons..Just because its wrong doesnt mean its not right
Vicks not an athlete...hes a creep and he's been found being a creep.....
But, maybe,....something good MIGHT happen...Maybe he will get interested in a dog shelter..What else can he do to redeem himself with society that thinks like me?

your friend,
john

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »

Look at it this way,
A hunting dog is happiest when it is hunting
A herd dog is happiest when it is herding
A dog bred to run is happiest when it is running.
Guess what makes a dog bred to fight happy..... Yep Fighting.

Have you ever seen two pit bulls fighting? They are enjoying the heck out of it. Also the rougher you are with a pit bull the more he likes it.

Jerry

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:20 PM »

Warning, the image below shows a graphic dog fight.  Please use parental discression and scroll down at your own risk.

Remember, dog fighting is wrong.   grin
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 12:06:45 AM »

What the guy did was inhumane. Dogs fighting it out, nothing fun there imo, its about survival.

Is Vick rehabilitated, that's the real question. Is he genuinelly sorry for what he did to cause so much suffering to man's best friend?

You could say he was sowing his oats, high on the hog, in the prime of his youth, but he made some really bad decisions, unforgiveable to many pet lovers out there.

I say if he's a different man and rehabilitated, he gets another chance.

Some of the best game wardens were some of the worst outlaws on the planet. They changed things around, I believe Vick could too, but its not my place to judge him.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 12:17:21 AM »

I think he's a distraction to any team he would happen to land on.  I wouldn't hire him.  He's a cancer.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »

This is wierd.....
My buddy Paul just informed me that he saw on the news this morning that Vicks supposed to noe be a spokesperson for the humane society or something like that. Anybody else here this?
 Did I call that or what? grin

your friend,
john

bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 12:29:43 AM »

It's probably part of his probation.  I have heard of actors who get busted for narcotics violations (1st time offends with small possessions and such) having to do those Say No to Drugs ads as part of their deals.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 05:08:46 PM »

I think he got off far to lightly for his horrific crimes.  And I would NEVER attend any function of any kind that he was a part of. huh rolleyes Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next