Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 10:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i don't want to be running a company......  (Read 1130 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: May 19, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/mergersNews/idUSN1943363120090519

yup, i think i'll go break out the tinfoil beanie now...........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:16:12 PM »

I rather enjoy my status as a worker bee. Wink Running/ owning any company these days could get you screwed.

I have an extra tinfoil hat I would be happy to loan you until you get your beanie. grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »

every once in awhile i have to post this site.  i put it on another thread earlier.  it's an all time favorite of mine.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »

Hah! I love it! grin

Btw, one of my favorite older movies is Conspiracy Theory with Gibson. It was funny and sad at the same time. Smiley
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »

neato, the corvette will max out at 57 mph, get 29.7 mpg, look like a gremlin, have a waiting list and come without a stereo.
no warrantees will be offered as they wont be needed cuz you'll die of old age before you get your car - maybe I'll buy a ford.

be happy and make others happy.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »

Perhaps they will have nifty names like;
The Fed
I R Service
Constitution Kicker

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:53:08 PM »

/sigh

The whole auto world becoming govt run really bums me out.  I can only hope that Fiat can do something with Jeep  thunder
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »

/sigh

The whole auto world becoming govt run really bums me out.  I can only hope that Fiat can do something with Jeep  thunder

It's not the whole auto-world, or even the whole US auto world... just a couple of the biggest players that screwed up.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »

when big player screw up, they should fail, not become government run companies.  any private sector company that becomes nationalized should set off major alarms, hugo.

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »

when big player screw up, they should fail, not become government run companies.  any private sector company that becomes nationalized should set off major alarms, hugo.

beat a dead horse
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 06:06:44 AM »

It's not the whole auto-world, or even the whole US auto world... just a couple of the biggest players that screwed up.

Exactly, and the UAW cheered as the ship went down while blaming the company...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next