Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 07:03:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big vs Small Sawzall  (Read 1360 times)
Grandma_DOG
House Bee

Build it, and they will comb.

« on: May 19, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »

I need to do a cutout in the boonies with no power and my car inverter is 450W (650W peak).

At Home Depot they have a 10 Amp Sawzall and a 4 Amp compact. Both are about the same price.

I'm leaning heavily toward the 4 Amp as my inverter can run it and I don't need to buy a $100 inverter.

Anyone have opinions on this? Do I really need the high power version?

JayC
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 07:54:07 PM »

I've got an 18V cordless Ryobi.  I like it.  If I was a pro, I'd buy something nicer.  But, I'm not, so this will probably last the rest of my life. 

If you're doing a cutout, having to worry about a cord is probably a bad idea.  It's just going to get in the way, and worst case scenario, trip you. 

Just my $0.02.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »

i have a cordless also and got an extra battery just in case.  it's nice and i agree about the cord.  especially when you are going up and down ladders, etc.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:19:53 PM »

I love a cordless, and a circular saw (skilsaw) can be really handy for the adjustable depth.
amps are kind of misleading, a good gear ratio and decent blades (don't force it) will do anything you need.

be happy and make others happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next