Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 22, 2014, 03:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting after the Obama Gun Ban  (Read 5499 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 08:12:23 AM »

Reading Sarge's Black comments can be taken at least two ways, but I live in a very diverse community where everyone is working to pay bills and feed their families. No one here is milking the system or complaining that the color of their skin is a handicap. For Sarge to make uch a statement is prejudist and I hope this doesn't come up again.

I surely hope that Sarge takes a minute to think of what he is going to say next time that he says something stupid.

Many people will agree that being black is still a handicap in the job market (as well as many places in life) but it surely isn't a MENTAL ISSUE Sarge - I hope you have the wisdom to appologise for that one.

To the members, Sarge has gotten a warning over that statement - everyone here is equal, it is what we do with our life that makes us who we are, not how/if we use our skin color as an ACE in the POCKET for when we fail in life.

I'm hoping the Fourth and Fifth Generation WELFARE MENTALITY of all races in our country has (or is) ending - the dream is still alive for all of us, and people of all colors who deem themselves less of a human, usually do it because of laziness, upbringing issues, familial life lessons or the children of the perpetual milkers, but not their skin color - the percentage of people who live off the milk of society come in every color under the sun - and it surely isn't mental illness, it is that people's upbringing has taught them to screw over the system and these people who would rather barely make it on state subsities choose "that way of life" over working and contributing to society as everyone else does. Color has nothing to do with it, it is people, all colors and a mindset that "doing nothing pays more than doing something" that defers funds for people who really needs it.

We need to support those who can't support themselves, it is our public duty. The trick is weeding out those who can and cannot. And if you start your search by skin color, you have missed out on the majority of abusers, not honed in on them. Shame Sarge, shame.

In the last 40/50 years, American has righted many injustices and people are seeing people for their merit, not judging or stereotyping them by the color of their skin or their nationalities - in our forums, we will not go there.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »

Actually that's kinda the price of justice, human rights, guaranteeing your rights... take your pick.

mental illness is a medical issue, not a legal issue.

So is being dark skinned.

That is a pretty racist statement Sgt Maj. Didn't realize being an African American was a medical issue

Keith

Glad it made the point... because if it's ok to take someone's rights from them for having a medical condition, where does it end?  Perhaps everyone that's ever had an ear infection should be rounded up into internment camps, or maybe it should be by the color of our skin/hair/eyes? 

By the way, you didn't think the color of skin was a legal issue instead of a medical one, did you?

I don't think of it as an issue at all

Keith
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 09:23:53 AM »

Sorry John I replied before I read the your post

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 09:25:53 AM »

i think sarge was using an absurdity to make a point (to borrow an explanation).  it is possible that some might not have recognized that and been offended.  while i find it odd to be on the defending side of sarge, that comment was not one that should upset anyone if it is read in the context of the conversation.

now....some of the other things he has said!!  that's a different story  evil

may i add:  i find it odd that sarge got a reprimand, i assume from a complaint by a member, because someone took a skin color comment out of context.  my comments about mental illness, which is a holy cow for some, brought no reprimand (yet).

if there is ever to be racial-ethnic understanding, a couple of things need to  happen.  people of color need to stop looking for ways to be offended.  people not of color need to stop being worried that every word out of their mouths will offend someone.  maybe a third thing is that the offense police need to find other jobs.

HAVE THE FLIPPING CONVERSATION.  has there ever been a problem solved without honest, open dialog???

now i'll go have my coffee and BP meds.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:36:00 AM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »

i think sarge was using an absurdity to make a point (to borrow an explanation).  it is possible that some might not have recognized that and been offended.  while i find it odd to be on the defending side of sarge, that comment was not one that should upset anyone if it is read in the context of the conversation.

Exactly.  I chose that one because it's one where historically people have been denied rights that were supposed to be granted to all people based upon some physical trait or condition.  Considering that the debate was about whether or not it was ok to deny people rights based upon medical conditions, I think it drove the point home quite well.  If anyone was outraged by my comment, they should be equally outraged at the idea of denying people their second amendment rights due to a medical condition. 

Thanks for the backup kathyp.

By the way John, your comments about handouts... inappropriate.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:20:21 AM by SgtMaj » Logged
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2009, 10:00:28 AM »

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:38 AM »

don't thank me yet, darlin'.  i still have every intention of scraping your hide off with a dull knife at every opportunity!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2009, 10:43:15 AM »

don't thank me yet, darlin'.  i still have every intention of scraping your hide off with a dull knife at every opportunity!
fishhit chop chop banana devil whip

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2009, 10:43:48 AM »

That always goes without saying.   grin
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »

I read my post 4 times Sarge, I don't see HANDOUTS anywhere, you have no trouble quoting everyone else here - quote me.

I can go back to the first days on the forum when the closest thing you had to a bee was a photo of one in the many books you have read. Now that you have them, you write posts from "workers building queen cells" to "where can I get a quality queen" I frankly find it hard to follow your story lines most of the time - that is just me though.

KATHY: any warning Sarge got was a verbal "be careful warning" not a strike against him as an official warning. If he has some non-linier points to make, at least make them clear so that anyone reading doesn't have to decypher his posts like a crytogram.

And I see NOTHING about my post that was inapproapriate Sarge, if you can't see that funding toward lazy breeding machines whos entire goal is to create a family of fatherless children large enough to draw a monthly check that rivals a hard working middle class incomer, then you aren't seeing things as I do.

Gerations of this has gone on and entire bloodlines of dysfunctional families of all races fall into the same trap that their parent brought them into, meanwhile sick children to the slow dying aged citizens who truly need the money can't get it because some scam-artist beat them too it.

It isn't hard to be a 35 year old grandmother with 15 grand children if you were brought up into a grifter mentality family who knows how to rape our pockets and sit back waiting on the welfare checks and medicade benefits.

Having had a brother who died at 21 after suffering every day of his life with the worse case of Cerebral Palsy you imagine, and seeing him turned down for any medical benefits while my father literally worked three jobs just to keep my brothers hospital bills paid - I get sick at seeing scammers who know the game and play it like the World Series of Poker.

So anything you think I said inappropriate, I say tough - cause I won't appologise for the truth. Because when thouse who don't need (or purposesly create a situation where they fall into govermental aid for the rest of their lives) meanwhile the sickest and most harmed people are rejected because of lack of funds, then I get freakin mad and it gets old seeing any biological mother with 10 kids and 10 different fathers sit back and spend half the money on drugs while their children hunger for food every day. The liberals in this country have made this cituation too easy to qualify for and each kid they pop out is a few hundred dollars a month more - yet the welfare moms are not held accountable, finding fathers to pay for the kids is like an episode of Maury Povich, meanwhile some seniors sit back and share a can of catfood with their pet each night so neither will go hungry.

I suppose you would argue the point that even a fraction of the money gone to this war could have bought a top knotch education for EVERY academic deserving student in our country too? Just imagine if any student who qualifies for full scolarship based on outstanding grades was allowed to follow their dreams of being doctors, scientist and researchers, but we are better at putting money into busing single students (regardless of their grades) 40 miles to a better school with such failed ideas as No Child Left Behind.

When did it become easier to bus students collectively thousands of miles a day then to improve the teaching in schools - tenured teachers general don't care any more what they pass into the next grade, and time and time again it is the students and inevitably the families who lose out.

We need to rebuild the failing infrastructure of our country, prison labor, parents who milked the system until their eggs dried up and the kids finally made it through the system - leaving the parent who never worked a day in their life, it is time we use that labor force, it just gets old seeing a 14 year old girl have a baby and for the next 30 years pumps out a new one every few years and literally bleeds the system of what few resources we have left and then they are ready of Social Security Benefits, simply changing one monthly check in for another. If there is nothing wrong with that person, the kids are grown up, then stick a shovel in their hands and start them at manual labor and after a while they either finally understand, try to better themselves and work up the blue collar chain of command and learn a real skill.

Yes, we have a percentage of DEAD BEATS in our country, and the liberal laws are there to protect and serve them and there is no color code, no racial profiling, it is people of all colors and backgrounds and they learned young how to milk our government like a golden cow and unless things change, they will pass it on to a 5th and 6th welfare generation, but to some people I guess that is totally acceptable in our society - I hate leeches, tired of keeping people alive in prisons for 50 and 60 years or more. Meanwhile the people trying to raise a family (within their means) and they both work hard every day, even taking on side jobs to pay the bills with real cash earn with sweat, those people are losing their homes and jobs, but the monthly check collectors sit back without a worry in the world. The first thing that should be done is DRUG TEST everyone collecting Welfare,let's see if that money is paying for food for their kids or being slipped into the hands of a drug dealer on the corner. Anyone testing positive even once should be forced into rehab and if the fail again and again, then remove their kids, stop their checks and let them figure out that WORKING and EARNING money is possible, they can break the chain of welfare slavery - you cannot blame a kid brought up in a home where popping out babies to get a bigger check each month is the norm, but you surely can break the cycle and create productive people who support their communities not their drug dealers.

If any of this was insulting to you Sarge, then maybe you need to reassess your own views. But until we see a change in that kind of mindset, every dime you pay in tax could go toward someone who wants nothing but hand-outs and has never made an effort at being self reliant - which I think the schools and single parents can both accept the burden they placed on their children, creating you people who give up before they even know the incredible possibilities. When you live in the greatest country in the world and the only way you know to live is through scamming the system - then everyone failed you, but no one failed you worse than yourself.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »

I think this thread belongs in the coffee house I don't see any humor or anything funny.

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

I think this thread belongs in the coffee house I don't see any humor or anything funny.

It started that way!!!

Maybe we need a way to split threads...leave the first posting as humor and then the rest can go into the "Constitutional Fighting" forum... grin 

(I'm joking, not really asking for somebody to go through all that work.)

Rick
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »

Happens all the time.
When you post what is or can be a hot topic, or may become one you never know where it will lead. Things happen.

I started reloading/hand loading my ammo long before we knew who was even running let along being elected for the high office.
The shredding of spent cases/brass is dead.

As for skin color, I only see it, it has nothing (at least for me) to do with the actions or performance of an individual. If they are a "DUD" then they are a dud, re guard less of skin color.

As for the laws on guns, it could be a book the size of Webster, if not enforced it is the same as trying to put a fire out by throwing gas on it.

As for our Constitution, I think it better stay here in the U.S.A. It was not drafted for other parts of the world.

Re guard less of how you voted, it is there till the next time. Live with it, deal with it, or go hide in your own little corner, if you have one. rolleyes

As for welfare it was a good intended thing went wrong.
No offense to any one. :)doak

P.S.
Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

it is the failure to engage in open, honest, dialog, that causes so many of the social problems we have.  half the country can't express themselves and the other half is afraid to.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »

It started that way!!!

Maybe we need a way to split threads...leave the first posting as humor and then the rest can go into the "Constitutional Fighting" forum... grin 

(I'm joking, not really asking for somebody to go through all that work.)
It was doing good up till the fourth post.

dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 06:07:36 PM »

if there is ever to be racial-ethnic understanding, a couple of things need to  happen.  people of color need to stop looking for ways to be offended.  people not of color need to stop being worried that every word out of their mouths will offend someone.  maybe a third thing is that the offense police need to find other jobs.

Amen Sister! Smiley
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »

John, You may not have used the word HANDOUT specifically, but is that not what you're talking about here?

Quote from: beemaster
To the members, Sarge has gotten a warning over that statement - everyone here is equal, it is what we do with our life that makes us who we are, not how/if we use our skin color as an ACE in the POCKET for when we fail in life.

I'm hoping the Fourth and Fifth Generation WELFARE MENTALITY of all races in our country has (or is) ending - the dream is still alive for all of us, and people of all colors who deem themselves less of a human, usually do it because of laziness, upbringing issues, familial life lessons or the children of the perpetual milkers, but not their skin color - the percentage of people who live off the milk of society come in every color under the sun - and it surely isn't mental illness, it is that people's upbringing has taught them to screw over the system and these people who would rather barely make it on state subsities choose "that way of life" over working and contributing to society as everyone else does. Color has nothing to do with it, it is people, all colors and a mindset that "doing nothing pays more than doing something" that defers funds for people who really needs it.

None of us were talking about welfare or handouts prior to this, so this makes it sound like I had said something racist, which I didn't.  So that's what makes this inappropriate.  I'm not going to apologise for my earlier statement because the point that I was making was that we shouldn't take people's rights from them for a physical difference, be that brain related or skin pigment related, or hair color related, or anything. 

Quote from: beemaster
I can go back to the first days on the forum when the closest thing you had to a bee was a photo of one in the many books you have read. Now that you have them, you write posts from "workers building queen cells" to "where can I get a quality queen" I frankly find it hard to follow your story lines most of the time - that is just me though.

That's probably because I stopped posting most of the day to day stuff with my hives because apparantly some people had a problem with that.  So now I only post about them when there's something important to post.  So when one of the hives started getting aggressive and I started thinking about requeening, I asked for a recommendation for someone to buy from... not wanting to repeat past mistakes in not using someone good from here.  Then I realized the girls were already superceding her, so I just posed that in the same thread to say that I might not need a queen after all, which I didn't because they calmed back down after a little while and don't ping us anymore when we're just walking up the driveway.  Is that easier to follow?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:50:12 PM by SgtMaj » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next