Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 01:59:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COPS my view after not seeing this show for 10 years  (Read 1072 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: May 22, 2009, 03:50:43 AM »

Its a hoot. People still run, no one gets away, what is it with these people?

Then theres those who go out after dark with a dozen warrants attached to their buts, and smoke crack in the street?

Now theres crack. 10 years ago on this show, it was the last step before you died in the gutter. Now I see all these middle class people on the stuff, beating the hell out of each other, thats new.

I notice the Taser. Trigger happy is all I can say. Its very interesting, these police think they are in the army, perhaps they were. It seems to me like if you dont drop dead on the spot when a copper speaks to you, you fry. I am very worried that if we get then here, all the local coppers will get their training from youtube. What ever happened to the good old fashioned baton? Also whatever happened to approaching people in the correct manner, i.e, respectfully and maintaining a safe distance? All I see is cops wanting to get within arms reach. Its aggressive, its dangerous, its not necessary.

Also new to me is the almost 100% use of dash cam. I note that this works both ways, having seen the vid of the bloke thrown out of this car and than bashed by the police. I cant imagine what would have happened if the fool had of run over the copper instead of just missing him. We dont have dash cam here. I cant believe people over there forget the camera is on.

Solo officers. Almost unheard of here, we have them in the bush, but not in a city. The cops in the city refuse to go on patrol one out. I think maybe all these solo officers in the US are just bad news. Cops going to feel threatened with one person, let alone a car load. DHs are going to feel brave with only one cop. Its just bad news all round to me.

It is very clear that there has been a shift in attitude of the US coppers all the same. I hear a lot of "you have one chance to be honest, we know whats going on, tell us the truth and you might not go to jail". Next thing is always "click click". You just cant help some people.

Neighbours fighting. man I dont get it. My rule is nod to them in the street, call the fire brigade if their house is on fire, cops if its being robbed. Id rather have Ebola than drink and do drugs with a neighbour.

I like the pit manouvre, just insane. Why do these people want to be crashed off the road at 100mph by the cops. I figure, every mile you run adds a year to your sentence. We dont have the PIT here.

Pretty Police, lot better lookin than our cops.

Pretty Cars. Lot cleaner than ours, we dont have the PIT bumper. We use a lot more Divisional Vans, aka "Divvy vans" Small utes with a glorified cage in the back. In my day, it was just a floor. Then it went to a bench seat, now they have molded seats and strap you in, so when the divvy van rolls, you might not die.

Numbers. Mostly they arrive with the speed and swiftness of flies on a kill. Sometimes it takes a while. Down here, you have time to write your will, have a beer and a smoke, before one cop car might drive by, park up the end of the street and wait for some mates.

Fit Cops. A lot of yours can run faster than ours, thats for sure.

People telling lies. "The guns, crack ans smack in my pocket aint mine" Again, theres not much you can do with these people.

Its on late here and I have taped a few. Pity it only seems to run for about 20 minutes when you cut out the ads. There is one version of it made locally, in Western Australia. I cant see how its not an invasion of privacy in this country. But they only seem to show bad people on this one, not all the sad people.

Did you know, theres no such thing as using offensive language to a copper in Australia. The courts here have ruled that if you aint up to a bit of foul language, then you shouldnt be in the job, which I think is a right and proper attitude. I know that must be a crime in the US because I never see any of the dregs on COPS using foul language to the cops, unless they just dont show those bits.

So to me things seemed to have changed a fair bit in the world of COPS. When I last watched it, it was all raids on drug dens, with numbers and maximum force of entry. All you see now is small time dealers, leads me to think a lot of what the local cops used to do, has been taken over by other depts. Also I dont think theres as much shooting, perhaps replaced by the taser?

Then again, I spose I am only seeing what a producer wants me to see.

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:53:22 AM »

I can't watch the show. All the cops on there seem like such arrogant bast.... er people. I think a lot of it on the show is indeed for the camera, and yeah I am sure there is a lot that is not put on the show, like when the cops mess up really bad.

And, if I am not mistaken, you can refuse to have your face shown on TV. So you would have to wonder what the mental status is of those folks.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:26:25 AM »

I like it when there are ten cops on top of some guy and they are telling him to stop resisting, like he's really going some where.

Watching those people get tasered is funny, I just don't understand some of their thinking (the cops and the ones being arrested).

Most of the little punks are pretty stupid to try and run because they will be caught.

I also think that most of it is for the TV show.

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 07:00:13 AM »

I just recently started watching again. 

Can I search your Vehicle?  No.
OK then, we're going to sit here for the dog to arrive.  It could take hours...

I'd have to sit there...'cause there's no way I'm letting them think they can search me or my vehicle w/o probable cause.  Which seems to be anything nowadays.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:38 AM »

I'm sorry I must take the otherside, I love this show. Yes it is the same thing everytime but I like it. I like to see the dumb criminal get pulled over.
Cop get out.
cop ask to search.
Criminal get dumb look on face.
Cop find drugs.
Criminal run.
Cop chase.
Cop catch criminal.
Criminal says he was scared and the drugs not his.
Criminal goes to jail.

Throw in a scattering of dog bites, Taser shots, fights, car chases, and the occasional gunfight

Come on that's primetime television grin

Keith
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »

Its a hoot. People still run, no one gets away, what is it with these people?

It's because in real life... people get away all the time.  Those T.V. shows take weeks of footage and edit out the times the perps get away, after all, what kind of T.V. show would that be where you don't even get to see the idiot?

I notice the Taser. Trigger happy is all I can say. Its very interesting, these police think they are in the army, perhaps they were. It seems to me like if you dont drop dead on the spot when a copper speaks to you, you fry. I am very worried that if we get then here, all the local coppers will get their training from youtube. What ever happened to the good old fashioned baton? Also whatever happened to approaching people in the correct manner, i.e, respectfully and maintaining a safe distance? All I see is cops wanting to get within arms reach. Its aggressive, its dangerous, its not necessary.

Amen to that.  Don't get me wrong, I don't care much for criminals, but there's no call for them to act that way, especially when half the time they are doing it with honest law abiding people.

Also new to me is the almost 100% use of dash cam. I note that this works both ways, having seen the vid of the bloke thrown out of this car and than bashed by the police. I cant imagine what would have happened if the fool had of run over the copper instead of just missing him. We dont have dash cam here. I cant believe people over there forget the camera is on.

Cases like those are the reason they put the cams in, but the cops that remember the cams just take the perps out of the field of view to abuse them.

I hear a lot of "you have one chance to be honest, we know whats going on, tell us the truth and you might not go to jail". Next thing is always "click click". You just cant help some people.

That bit about not going to jail if you tell the truth is a lie.  Cops are not required to tell the truth on those things though, so if they can get a person to confess to something by telling them they'll let them go... it just makes the prosecutor's job that much easier.  Any lawyer will tell you that the only thing you should say to the cops is "I want a lawyer"

Did you know, theres no such thing as using offensive language to a copper in Australia. The courts here have ruled that if you aint up to a bit of foul language, then you shouldnt be in the job, which I think is a right and proper attitude. I know that must be a crime in the US because I never see any of the dregs on COPS using foul language to the cops, unless they just dont show those bits.

Here too... legally anyway.  The cops here don't usually put up with it though, unless they're talking to a lawyer whom they know knows better.  My old law professor cussed out the cops every chance he got, even when he wasn't in trouble, which usually led to trouble, but whatever.

Also I dont think theres as much shooting, perhaps replaced by the taser?

Tasers were supposed to replace lethal force, but they are still trained to use lethal force the same now as ever, which makes one wonder why they were given tasers in the first place?  They use it now on anyone that doesn't comply with what they tell them to do.  Cops in one city here tased a kid who had fallen off a bridge and broken his neck 19 times because he wouldn't get up when they told him to.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »

California news stations use to live broadcast cop chases all the time. They would get picked up by CNN or FOX. I don't see as many anymore. I remember two with distinction.

1. A pickup style work truck was being pursued for reasons I don't recall. The truck made turn and went off road the truck rolled and the guy fell out of the truck and was crushed by the truck on live TV I remember how fast they broke away from it but it was to late. It is never on any of the Real TV network rebroadcasts.

2. The cops were chasing two thieves in car. The pursuit went into the city and the thieves went into the multilevel parking garage next to a Macy's The helicopters couldn't follow them and the police cars were to far behind. The park the car in there somewhere and went into the mall and got away. Right there on live TV it was incredible to watch.

Cops is full of editing. They tend to make things look good for cops because that is what generates their program so a good relationship with cops is important. The reality can be very different cops can be good bad or otherwise.

Here is an example from kopbusters of an illegal raid.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHmP_KtmcB4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHmP_KtmcB4</a>

You should the page here with the full story.
http://www.nevergetbusted.com/node/178

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »

Who needs the show when you can get the same on the news?
doak Smiley
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »

I like the way the bad guys dress...a white "Wifebeater" shirt and pants hangin down to the crack of there butt!
 I watch it sometimes when theres nothing else on...I also watch funniest home videos too! They are similar!

your friend,
john

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »

Enjoyed reading your opinions everyone!

I watched a bit last night. One copper, big bugger, all kinds of guns and kit hanging off him. Telling the cam how he likes the "action, the chases, the excitement" Anyway, Ive never seen a more aggressive, anti social person in uniform. So gung ho, I guarantee he wont live to 40. Stopped a car because the top of the windscreen had 4 inches of tint on it, which he determined as too dark.

Reminds me of the great horse trainer Bart Cummings. His stable was inspected by the RSPCA. "You have too many flies in these stables" says the RSPCA man.

"How many am I allowed to have?" quips Bart.

Nice link Brendhan!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next