Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 28, 2014, 06:41:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pardon me for Asking  (Read 1592 times)
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« on: May 16, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »

Every once in a while I glance up at the header of the page with the different selections like Home, My Messages, Calendar, etc, and there is Chat (1). 
What does one person do in chat, type to them selves? 
Twiddle their thumbs by banging repeatedly on the space key? 
Stare at the computer screen until their eyes glass over?
Shave their beard with tweasers while waiting for some one to answer?

I'm just curious.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 03:11:07 AM »

Well was the Chat (1) you or someone else? 

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:04:44 AM »

You hear an echo, Hello, hello, ello, ello, followed usually by, "Is anyone in here?"

...JP grin

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 07:07:47 AM »

Ask Johnnybigfish  grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:06:44 AM »

Brian, now that is a very good question.  I look there too, and if I see more than one person in the chat room, I have jumped in.  It is a place where you can text type, it is actually kind of fun and I've gone in there a couple of times.  On Thursday night actually, I was hangin' out in my house, and wound up spending about 1-1/2 hours on there.  Kind of interesting.

I think that sometimes one person goes in, types a hello, sees no one is in, then leaves, then sometimes when one goes in there and types a hello, someone on the forum will notice that there is one user in chat by looking at the chat button on the "home, help, search, profile, etc" line and will jump in, someone else will notice that there are 2 people in chat, and do the same thing, then there are 3, then there are 4, 5, it can be an interesting time.  Beautiful day in this great life, Cindi

You can also see how are the users in chat by scrolling down the home page and seeing who is listed in chat.  Try it sometime.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:09:44 AM »

Usually if there is one in the chat and stay there a while they are looking/hoping someone will come in and chat.

Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »

Every once in a while I glance up at the header of the page with the different selections like Home, My Messages, Calendar, etc, and there is Chat (1). 
What does one person do in chat, type to them selves? 
Twiddle their thumbs by banging repeatedly on the space key? 
Stare at the computer screen until their eyes glass over?
Shave their beard with tweasers while waiting for some one to answer?

I'm just curious.

Oh see you are up late and no one to chat to you.    tongue

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »

Yeh,...ask me, like Irwin says! grin
 I chat to myself!
 I answer too!
 I know what you mean Brian about the "1 user in chat thing" I havent figured it out....but, after conferring with myself for a few hours, I see, eventually, that I am the only user in chat!...And, that m,akes me mad at myself! I have to get out of there before I embarrass myself and hurt me!
 However, I can answer all my questions if I want! Then I feel like you guys!...SMART!
 Then,...sometimes....The other me gets crowded out as in just a few seconds sometimes, It seems like Im at the door of a disco watching everybody pour in all at once!

your friend,
john

Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »

I have occasionally (not here) gone into a chat with no one there and figured I'd see if anyone pops in while I surf elsewhere.
(actually I've wandered off and surfed elsewhere with really busy rooms going.)

be happy and make others happy.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »

John, nothing has changed, you still get me to laugh that inner laugh, I get such a kick out of you.  I picture you in the chat room, saying things, answers come, answers from your own inner child.  That is so great....smiling.  We all have that inner child, that no matter what, if no one talks to us, that child comes forth, speaks their own mind, and we are consoled.  Sometimes I say really strange things, but I say what comes to my mind.  They say that when one answers themselves when conversing, that that is a sign of mental incompetence.  I don't think so.....I cannot count the times on my three or four hands, smiling, that I respond to things that I say, things I think, things that I know understand me, give me response.  Life is great, life is a wonder, lets find those wonderous things, these things that make our life most bright and beautiful, smiling, have great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »

I chat to myself!
 I answer too!
 I know what you mean Brian about the "1 user in chat thing" I havent figured it out....but, after conferring with myself for a few hours, I see, eventually, that I am the only user in chat!...And, that m,akes me mad at myself! I have to get out of there before I embarrass myself and hurt me!
 However, I can answer all my questions if I want! Then I feel like you guys!...SMART!
 Then,...sometimes....The other me gets crowded out as in just a few seconds sometimes, It seems like Im at the door of a disco watching everybody pour in all at once!

your friend,
john

John, you sound like the guy to took up talking to himself because it couldn't find anybody who agreed with him.  He then took a vow of silence because he still couldn't find anybody who agreed with him.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 12:56:57 AM »

Some people use the chatbox without logging into chat (through the shoutbox).  That's usually what I do, so I could be having a conversation with someone who is logged into chat, but only they would show up as being logged in.
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 07:06:09 AM »

I chat to myself!
 I answer too!

your friend,
john

John, you sound like the guy to took up talking to himself because it couldn't find anybody who agreed with him.  He then took a vow of silence because he still couldn't find anybody who agreed with him.

Good one for you Brian  grin

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

Hey! I think I'll try that "Silence" thing! What a great idea!!!

your friend,
john

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 09:51:34 PM »

..................... grin...........

.... ......,
.... Smiley

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 09:57:16 PM »

..................... grin...........

.... ......,
.... Smiley

Asking you to keep silent John is like asking you to quit fishing. It ain't gonna happen! grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next