Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When did congratulations replace THANK YOU?  (Read 889 times)

Online beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
When did congratulations replace THANK YOU?
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
I haven't bought anything in a long long time where I didn't open up the operators manual and see in the first line "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PURCHASE" as if I won a contest instead of dishing out hard earned bucks for a product.

I'm not asking for much, but seeing the words THANK YOU for PURCHASING OUR PRODUCT surely would beat what I see now.

Just watch QVC and HSN channels and EVERY PHONE CALL you hear the same thing "Hi Irma... Congratulations on getting the Peepee pants doll, did you get the read haired or blonde?" It is sickening especially in these tought ecconomic times when everyone is hurting from the consumer to the retailers to the manufactures, and not thanking us for shopping or purchasing items to me is a slap in the face.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Bodo

• House Bee
Re: When did congratulations replace THANK YOU?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »
It's a silly marketing thing.  Feeds the good feeling you're supposed to get for buying an item.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »
Hey,...I never thot of that before! I think, from now on, I'll just look at the manual before buying and see what phrase is used, and decide if its really what I want!

good call John!

your friend,
john

Offline Bodo

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »
Fixed.  Sorry 'bout that.

Beemaster adds.... Thanks :)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:12:10 PM by beemaster »

Online beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 02:05:57 PM »
Johnny:

It is insulting to me, but as Bodo said they have this concept that we have JOINED their club of products (hype at its best) and I think I'll do what you are saying, look online for owner manuals of items I want to purchase, and read that opening line to see how thankful they are.

You should get congratulated when you get married or have a baby, not when you buy a toaster or lawn mower - freakin' nutty times.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »
It's probably the translation from Chinese for "we wish you best of luck with our product..."
(but with syntax that would make Yoda ask for a translation)
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 02:20:34 PM »
I never saw that. But then I am a man and I don't read manuals  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything