Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 08:27:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pelosi's statements  (Read 3135 times)
dragonfly
House Bee

« on: May 14, 2009, 10:34:16 PM »

Watching Pelosi give her press conference today, it seemed I was watching the evolution of a nervous breakdown. Did anyone else watch it?
 Does the crowd want another head, and will it be hers?
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:40 AM »

Didn't watch it... so what made it feel that way to you?
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:22:03 AM »

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/339163.html

Watch it and see for yourself.  I'm amazed by all of this.  Her comment summed up as 'it's not my job to know this stuff.  I was getting people elected!"  is priceless.

Where are the calls from teh Dems for the 'truth commission' on this one?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 06:46:36 AM by Bodo » Logged
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 11:09:22 AM »

Where are the calls from teh Dems for the 'truth commission' on this one?

From what I've seen, they've been silent.  rolleyes
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:46:15 AM »

I liked it it was as if she was caught stealing candy and was slowly trying to talk her way off the stage, or at least close enough to the door so she could make a break for it. She is in quite the pickle seems in her reckless abandon to catch Bush and his supporters she walked right into her own trap evil evil
I just love when people get what they deserve

Keith
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »

When I found out what I knew it occurred to me that the knowing I thought I had wasn't the actual understanding of what I knew.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »

When I found out what I knew it occurred to me that the knowing I thought I had wasn't the actual understanding of what I knew.

grin
Hey man. That's good!  grin
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »

I guess I have a different take on that... the operative sentance of the whole thing was when she said that the only mention of waterboarding in the briefing was that waterboarding was not taking place.  If that part was true, and I'm not saying that it is (you how how politicians and lies go), but IF it is true, then it sounds to me like she couldn't possibly be culpable for anything to do with waterboarding with regard to that briefing.  I'm not even sure how that could be interpreted any differently. 
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »

I guess I have a different take on that... the operative sentance of the whole thing was when she said that the only mention of waterboarding in the briefing was that waterboarding was not taking place.  If that part was true, and I'm not saying that it is (you how how politicians and lies go), but IF it is true, then it sounds to me like she couldn't possibly be culpable for anything to do with waterboarding with regard to that briefing.  I'm not even sure how that could be interpreted any differently. 

Your right Sarge the bad thing is that was story # 3. After story #1 and #2 blew up in her face. I believe she is now on story #5

Keith
lmehaffey
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:37:09 PM »

Did she not also say that she knew about the use of waterboarding, but had no official knowledge of its use? I recall that her advisor on national security memoed her the details in 2003.

Funny....one of my students' vocabulary terms yesterday was "verisimilitude" -- maybe I should use a contemporary example of the definition?  evil

It is what it is.......except when it isn't.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 01:39:24 PM »

"My job was to change the majority in Congress and to change --- to fight to have a new president because what was happening was not consistent with our values, certainly not true and something that had to be changed. We did that. We have a new president. He says he's going to ban torture," she said.
NP

See there's the problem she has no clue what her job is rolleyes

Keith
Wes Sapp
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »

Remember how the Dems and the media hounded Trent Lott from his leadership position for saying something that may have been true at a birthday party for  Strom Thurmond, certainly nothing as serious as lying directly to the people about a national security issue. I wish the Republican's would take her down but that won't happen. You should never let a good Dem's crisis go to waste!

Wes Sapp
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 02:41:45 PM »

Along the same line...

It's ok to have been a member of the KKK and serve as a Senator, as long as you're a Democrat.  Robert Byrd comes to mind.  Such hypocrisy!
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »

Remember how the Dems and the media hounded Trent Lott from his leadership position for saying something that may have been true at a birthday party for  Strom Thurmond, certainly nothing as serious as lying directly to the people about a national security issue. I wish the Republican's would take her down but that won't happen. You should never let a good Dem's crisis go to waste!

So you think that we wouldn't have had the problems we have had if "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race." and "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."?  Personally I think our problems would have been a lot worse.
Wes Sapp
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 04:21:09 PM »

So you think that we wouldn't have had the problems we have had if "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race." and "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."?  Personally I think our problems would have been a lot worse.
Once again you have clearly missed the mark! Why are you quoting what Strom Thurmond said over 50 years ago when I'm talking about what Lott said? If were going to throw around quotes that have no significance about the topic  how about this one from Aunt Esther "shut up you old fish eyed fool"!

Wes Sapp
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »

Once again you have clearly missed the mark! Why are you quoting what Strom Thurmond said over 50 years ago when I'm talking about what Lott said? If were going to throw around quotes that have no significance about the topic  how about this one from Aunt Esther "shut up you old fish eyed fool"!

Because Lott said we'd be better off if we had gone with Thurmond and those quotes came from Thurmond's campaign speeches, and you said Lott may have been right.  So I'm saying that Lott's likelihood of being right is less than my likihood of winning the lottery every week for the rest of my life.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »

>>>>So I'm saying that Lott's likelihood of being right is less than my likihood of winning the lottery every week for the rest of my life.<<<<

From what I see today, it would be hard for it to be more wrong than what we have.  Last I saw, 40% of the population was receiving government handouts, and increasing daily.  It would be hard to imagine it worse.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 09:54:27 PM »

STs argument was primarily against federal interference in states business.  a great deal of what was federally forced on the states during the civil rights movement was unconstitutional.  that is a separate issue from the moral issue. 

pelosi is an idiot.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 08:52:55 AM »

I don't think its a good idea to pick a fight with the C.I.A., especially when your lying.
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »

Seems like it's Bush's fault...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has backed down slightly in her fight with the CIA, saying that she really meant only to criticize the Bush administration rather than career officials.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tries-to-backpedal-on-cia-criticism-2009-05-16.html
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next