Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 11:12:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pelosi's statements  (Read 3462 times)
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »

jaw drop Politicians are LYING? Democrats are LYING? - when did this start happening?

be happy and make others happy.
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »

It seems its Bush's fault that see is lying, now I get it.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 11:10:52 PM »

My father, who grew up in the shadow of our state capital dome, used to say, "If a politician has his mouth open her's either lying or eating."

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 11:59:22 PM »

Seems like it's Bush's fault...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has backed down slightly in her fight with the CIA, saying that she really meant only to criticize the Bush administration rather than career officials.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tries-to-backpedal-on-cia-criticism-2009-05-16.html

Here's my favorite quote from that article:

"We are an agency of high integrity, professionalism and dedication," Panetta said in the memo. "Our task is to tell it like it is — even if that’s not what people always want to hear. Keep it up. Our national security depends on it."

Of course, we all know that's not the case.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 03:18:39 AM »

Shocking... well you know, unless you weren't born yesterday that is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/14/graham-cia-gave-me-false_n_203683.html
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 08:02:42 PM »

There always two stories (or pack of lies) in any controversy, I don't buy her story because of her demeaner and body language.  I will say I'm not at all a fan of her or harry reed so I'm biased.

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »

There always two stories (or pack of lies) in any controversy, I don't buy her story because of her demeaner and body language.  I will say I'm not at all a fan of her or harry reed so I'm biased.

Well they are probably all lieing... the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.  One thing you can almost always count on with humans is that they will stretch the truth to reduce their culpability 99.9% of the time.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 03:35:59 PM »

The Huffington Post is hardly a fount of unbiased information.  Suddenly everyone with a D after their name is going to show up as having received misleading information from the CIA.  Can we say 'Damage Control'?  Happily I believe Pelosi is politically gut-shot here.  Good.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 09:00:34 PM »

The Huffington Post is hardly a fount of unbiased information.  Suddenly everyone with a D after their name is going to show up as having received misleading information from the CIA.  Can we say 'Damage Control'? 

What is a "fount of unbiased information" in your opinion?  Do you really think that CIA officials in danger of not only loosing their jobs, but their freedom are really good truthful sources?   I know I certainly wouldn't stake my life on any of them telling the whole truth.

Happily I believe Pelosi is politically gut-shot here.  Good.

Don't bet on that.  Pelosi comes from a very liberal district that would probably elect Stalin before a republican. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 09:24:59 PM »

huff is a liberal blog site.  it's a pretty far left site.  if you want to try to make a point based on facts, you probably need to pick a site that actually knows what facts are.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »

facts? The facts are irrelevant here - people are telling lies!

be happy and make others happy.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 11:00:27 PM »

huff is a liberal blog site.  it's a pretty far left site.  if you want to try to make a point based on facts, you probably need to pick a site that actually knows what facts are.

So name a few that would be ok to use in your opionion?  (I DID  ask for that in the prior post... but I guess you're ignoring that... probably because there aren't any that you would consider ok if they printed an article with the same info in it.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:19:39 PM by SgtMaj » Logged
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 07:01:19 PM »

I don't think its a good idea to pick a fight with the C.I.a., especially when your lying.
Bingo !!!! grin

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next