Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 11:35:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needing some advice.  (Read 512 times)
yippeewahoo
New Bee

« on: May 11, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »

Hi all, I have introduced my bees they are working hard and I am feeding them at this point, still gets cold here and things are just starting to bloom.  I have one super, with 10 frames in it, they have worked on about 4 of them building them out, and I even had a bunch capped today, makes me a bit relieved.  The question I have do I need to put more frames in the upper super yet? I only have the feeder in there at this point.  Also when the queen lays an egg will that be the only thing in the cell as I can see little eggs but the cell is dry on some of them, could that be her work today?  Sorry for all the newbie questions but I just can't quite worrying that I may have done something wrong, I dont want to mess it up.  thanks
Phillip

I absolutely love the BEEs, This amazing wonderworld is an incredible learning experience
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »

The eggs will hatch in 3 days and then you will see little larvae floating in white substance, Royal Jelly.
Larvae food.when they get 7 out of ten frames filled add another super/brood box. :)doak
lotsobees
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:01:14 PM »

Hi all, I have introduced my bees they are working hard and I am feeding them at this point, still gets cold here and things are just starting to bloom.  I have one super, with 10 frames in it, they have worked on about 4 of them building them out, and I even had a bunch capped today, makes me a bit relieved.  The question I have do I need to put more frames in the upper super yet?

No worries -- wait until they have filled up 7 or 8 of the frames fully before you add another hive body.

I only have the feeder in there at this point.  Also when the queen lays an egg will that be the only thing in the cell as I can see little eggs but the cell is dry on some of them, could that be her work today?  Sorry for all the newbie questions but I just can't quite worrying that I may have done something wrong, I dont want to mess it up.  thanks
Phillip

When the queen lays, there will be a little speck of an egg (like a clear grain of rice) at the bottom of the cell. If you can see them, good work! It's a clear sign she's around and laying. Have fun!

--John Schwartz
Psalm 119 - "How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
yippeewahoo
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 11:13:43 PM »

Thanks all for the advice it really helps, sounds like they are doing what bees do.  Phil

I absolutely love the BEEs, This amazing wonderworld is an incredible learning experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next