Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 03:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: off to the beach :-)  (Read 1446 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: May 10, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »

off to long beach, wa for a week with the girls and horses.  the weather will by crappy, but the spanish coffee will be good!!!!  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:20:26 PM »

HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »

OOOh, how fun!:)
Have a great time Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »

back.  had a great time.  pretty good weather.  great company.

had to take this through the window.  didn't know where momma was!

none of me and my horse in this batch.  was taking the pics.  i'll get some from others later.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »

Looks like fun!  Where did you go?
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »

Looks like y'all had a great time Kathy, beautiful horses! Do you ever take them into the water for a swim?

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »

the place is in long beach, wa.  we have been renting it for the last 10 years.  it's the girls kickoff to the summer.  we don't swim there.  to cold and to dangerous.  most of the horses are fine with the water.  we take them in, but there is a drop off there and you have to be very careful.

one of those Frisians was a 4 year old and this was her first beach trip.  she was great.  the rest of us have pretty solid horses. we drag them all over the place.

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »

Welcome back kathyp! Smiley
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

Kathy, oh what a blast.  How far is Long Beach from you?  Who drives the trailer.  How many go?  Come on tell more, I want to hear more about what is going on with the kick off to the summer.  It was rather cold?  I see the riders had on jackets.  Is it just your girlfriends?  Who else?  Any Husbands?  Girl getaways are great, so much more fun than those dudes that just don't want to hear about girly stuff, smiling.

You remind me so much of my oldest gal.  She has a 6 horse trailer and trailers her horses all over the place, to events, training, everything.  She will even trailer the horses up to her Sister's house (which is about 4 km away) and then both couples all go riding, with my youngest Grandson in tow.  He has a small horse named Buttercup.

When I get some pics sent of him, I will make a thread.  He is coming up 10 in October and is quite the little cowboy!!!  He even placed in a few events in the juniors classes at the horse show in Pritchard last weekend.  My heart years to be up there living nearby to them.  I am missing out on some of the proudest moments of a child's life, to show his loved ones how he can perform, ooops, can't see the screen, having a sad moment. 

Anyways, Kathy, bring on some more pictures, pleeeeeeeze -- and tell me more of what you guys did, I wanna know.....I wanna see some pictures of you and your mare....Have that most beautiful and awesome day, love our life, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »

long beach is about 3 hours away.  we share driving.  this time i rode with someone else.

NO husbands  smiley

it was windy and wet on a couple of days, but nice most of the time.   not really warm, but we certainly have had colder times there.

i know how you feel about missing what the kids are doing.  my grandkids are in Phoenix and i only get to see them 2 or 3 times a year.  all the things they are doing, i only see in pictures.

more pics later, i hope.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »

Oh Kathy, 2 or 3 times a year would be the worst thing in the world for me, I feel for you, pictures can say a thousand words, but nothing, absolutely nothing can take the place of right there.  It is good that you get to see them at least now and then, smiling.  How many Grandchildren?

Three hours, that is a fair distance, but oh what fun without the Husbands.  I say that not with malice, but there is nothing like getting together with the girls, gotta love that thing.  Can't wait til you get some pictures in here (hint, hint).  Beautiful days, beautiful lives, beautiful stories to share and tell, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »

still don't have the pics from the other girls, but here is my horse and an idea of how we occupied our time  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:42 AM »

That looks like a nice stash of happy juice grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 09:45:09 AM »

we poor the flavored stuff over cut up fruit.  then we put it in the fridge overnight.  it's breakfast the next morning.  then we ride!!   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 10:02:34 AM »

Kathy, awesome, I like the flavoured stuff breakfast thingy, smiling.  Thanks for sharing with us, have that great and most wonderful day, health.  Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next