The advice to live and let live with hornets is ok as long as they are not around your living or working area but if they are anywhere that people occupy they need to be removed as quickly as possible. As an ER nurse I can tell you that hornet stings in particular are dangerous. Both hornets and yellow jackets sting in mass, hornets more so than the jackets. While one sting hurts but is tolerable, multiple stings can seriously affect a person and I have had patients die from shock with a multi sting attack. Not from allergic shock mind you but from the severity of the injury. Also, use a long distance means of removal. A bee vac might work in a colder area but here in the deep South would be asking for trouble. High heat and humidity here seem to make the boogers worse.