Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 02:18:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found the queen  (Read 766 times)
The Bix
House Bee

« on: May 08, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »

So, I opened up the hive today about five days after the queen was freed....uhhh, ok so Shaux and I opened up the hive...alright what really happened was that Shaux opened up the hive while I was taking pictures.  We were please to see that the queen was doing her thing laying eggs, one whole side of one of the frames was full of newly laid eggs.  Shaux picked up the next frame and there she was.  You can clearly see her in the picture I'm trying to post along with this note, center frame and if you're able to zoom into the exposed cell above her, you can actually see an egg in the cell.  Pretty cool for a newbee like me.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:39:01 PM by buzzbee » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »

you don't have enough posts to post pics yet.  you'll get there soon  smiley.  hang on to those pictures.

sounds like you are off to a great start!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »

Those are some great pics, thanks for sharing. It has been raining here for the last week so getting into my hives has been out of the question.

Look your pic over real good, I found three eggs pretty quick. Can you find more?

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
sarafina
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »

Very cool pic!  I found 3 eggs, also !
The Bix
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 12:51:46 AM »

The bottom picture was fairly interesting in that the bee seems to be covered in pollen, I hadn't noticed that so far.  Well it's now raining and 38 degrees outside...happy for the rain, sad due to the temperature.
shaux
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 03:15:13 AM »

I can count five....I think.  I know there are more under all those bees. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »

very nice!  the black makes it easy to see, doesn't it?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
shaux
New Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »

Yes. When we opened it up I looked for the eggs first knowing how hard it is to find the queen.  Pulled out the next frame and there she was.  That bright dot helped a lot.  One of the queens I had was marked with a kelly green and I could never find her because I'm colorblind and she blended right in with the rest.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 12:30:26 PM »

That is a fine photo of the queen laying and the egg in the cell.  I love seeing the other bees just hanging around her and watching her do her thing.  They almost seem to be saying (over here, to the left a little)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next