Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 23, 2014, 10:06:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is old is new again.  (Read 850 times)
Bodo
House Bee

« on: May 08, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »

For those of us that want a smaller, less obtrusive Federal government; this is a good sign!

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/apr/30/montana-gun-law-really-a-shot-for-states-rights/news/

More power needs to be given to the States and the Fed needs to stick to the enumerated powers given it in the Constitution!
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:47:40 AM »

Thanks for posting that Bodo. A couple of days ago, I heard that Texas is doing the same thing, although I haven't seen anything in print about it yet.
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:51:04 AM »

Utah and other states are looking at doing the same thing...

This could lead to a very interesting Supreme Court decision.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »

Since it has finally been decided that the second amendment does indeed protect the right of the people (the individual) to keep and bare arms and shall not be infringed

I don't understand why we are not marching on DC and demanding all gun regulations be done away with. I guess the home of the brave just doesn't have the guts to deregulate guns. They might fall into the hands of the wrong people.  rolleyes

http://gunshowonthenet.com/2ndAmendmentdefined.html

So now we have been told by one of the top experts on American usage what many knew all along: the Constitution of the United States unconditionally protects the people's right to keep and bear arms, forbidding all government formed under the Constitution from abridging that right.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »

Unfortuneately, while that may be good news for those people in montana, it's not going to help people in DC or other places with extreme gun laws.  But at least it may be a step forward that can be built upon.

Jerry, we are hardly "land of the free" either... more like "land of the regulated."
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »

Unfortuneately, while that may be good news for those people in montana, it's not going to help people in DC or other places with extreme gun laws.  But at least it may be a step forward that can be built upon.

Jerry, we are hardly "land of the free" either... more like "land of the regulated."

We are more like the Land of the overregulated and over taxed.  The Income tax exists because somebody had the bright idea that all monetary transactions in the United States is dependant on Interstate Commerce...a real broad interpretation of interstate commerce.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »

"Guns and states' rights both play well in Montana, the birthplace of the right-wing Freemen militia and a participant in the Sagebrush Rebellion of the 1970s and ' 80s, during which Western states clashed with Washington over grazing and mineral extraction on federal land."

(I'm guessing these things are meant to be an embarrassment to Montana; this is how the press operates -little digs on the side.)

anyone remember the gun law of Kennesaw, Georgia? (in a nutshell) 'All sane, non criminal adult residents of kennesaw ga who can afford a firearm, must own one. - crime pretty much packed up and left kennesaw Ga, and despite my hippie brother's statement - based in a leap in logic - that gun accidents went up - they didn't. gun accidents had no increase, but he stated it as if it was a fact like he was telling me the honest researched truth.

be happy and make others happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next