Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 06:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Permits------  (Read 2259 times)
WOB419
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 10:27:08 PM »

"Think of it as club dues."

It is only club dues if I voluntarily join the club.  I have no desire to join the states "club"
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »

ditto.  don't want some state guy pawing through my hives!  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 06:12:21 AM »

ditto.  don't want some state guy pawing through my hives!  smiley

I always wondered if the "state guy" did not spread disease from hive to hive, he is in a bunch of different apearies, and probably does not sanitize his equipment between visits. We had foul brood running through hives here about 25 years ago and I always wondered that.

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »

Nothing here as far as I know.
WOB419
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »

Kathyp,

With your Patrick Henry quote, I knew that I would like you, and you just confirmed it.
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »

North Carolina only if you sell bees is it required, but any apiary can be. The advantage of having it registered is that by state law you can keep  people from spraying insecticides from a plane (crop dusting)with within a couple miles of the apiary. You are also required, if registered, to allow inspectors on your property at any time. Now this is out of a attorney's mouth, so take it for what its worth. We had a lawyer speak at our bee meeting a couple of months ago. He was actually really very informative and I appreciate him doing it.
    David
Bobb
House Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 11:48:59 PM »

Too much government....way Way WAY too much government.  I'm sure that their is not end to all of the good reasons why someone with a hive has to tell the state that they have it and where it is but...Way too much government.
Can't really think of any good reasons for government at all.
Way Way too much of it.

"Power, especially overgrown power, whets the ambition and sets all the wits to work to enlarge it. Therefore, encroachments on peoples liberties are not generally made all at once, but so gradually as hardly to be perceived by the less watchful; and all plastered over, it may be, with such plausible pretenses, that before they are aware of the snare, they are taken and can not disentangle themselves."

Samuel Webster
Massachusetts 1777
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next