Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 06:37:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeding during honey flow  (Read 457 times)
gwalker314
House Bee

« on: May 04, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »

Hi all,
We have been having a good bit of rain for the past several days in central Alabama and the week ahead looks wet as well. I checked my 1 hive Saturday on which I added a medium super on a week ago. The super frames (9) were about 1/4 to 1/2 full of bees with no comb drawn out at all. I added the super because the deep & medium brood boxes were both completely drawn and had honey, pollen and capped brood and covered with bees.
I really thought that the honey super would be getting drawn out after a week? Would it help to feed them through the inner cover hole with a quart jar of sugar water? The storms are scattered and sometimes there's a hour of so of good weather between rain. Will the bees go out whenever possible or just stay home until good weather?

doak
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 11:03:57 PM »

As long as you feed and it don't get stored in the honey supers and get harvested with the honey
That you plan to market. I would see nothing wrong with eating sugar honey my self, but adulterated honey is not looked upon nicely.

And just think, Beekeepers are the ones who got the FDA born Because of Adulterated honey.
And now they are allowing the sale of blended honey. Notice They use the word,( blended)
What else stinks?doak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next