Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 25, 2014, 02:25:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up my bees today  (Read 646 times)
hankdog1
Field Bee

« on: May 04, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »

Got my call from the post office this morning to come and pick up my bees.  Left work to run some errands and pick them up.  Go in the post office and it's just me and the post office worker gets my bees and puts them on the counter.  Meanwhile an elderly lady walks in (i guess to buy stamps) takes a look at the counter jumps out of her pants and yells  shocked.  After she figures out they can't get out i spend the next 15 minutes ansewering bee questions.  Hopefully ended up with another honey customer out of it.  Have to say it was all i could do not to laugh when she jumped and yelled  evil.  Figured you guys might get a kick out of it.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 11:25:40 AM »

Thats funny. You forget how other people feel when they see thousands of bees and beekeepers are use to it.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »

Just how I was before I became a beekeeper.  I was so afraid of bees and now, well its a love affair even when they sting me I forgive them.
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »

I don't forgive mine for the stings i thank them.  Really helps out with the bad neck Annette.  I would say they have saved me a fortune on not having to go see the chyropractor.  But then again i probably spend that money on more bees.  Just can't get enough!!

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:55:33 PM »

You know I am starting to get some bad arthritis in my fingers and am seriously thinking of taking the gloves off already.  I got stung last week in one pinky joint and it was just a few hours of swelling and nothing more.  It felt good. Just haven't gotten up the nerve yet.
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »

A couple of buddies of mine that keep bees are older gentlemen and have some arthritus.  Doesn't take many stings to get to feeling better though. i took about 10 on hands earlier today installing the packages.  wasn't bad a little swelling miss my younger years doing it with my grandpa and a sting didn't even have me swelling.  not to mention when i do my beekeeping now it brings back those fond memories of him.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next