Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 07:02:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HR 45 gun control bill  (Read 1213 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: May 03, 2009, 09:15:36 PM »

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text#

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:45:42 PM »

Wasn't this posted before?

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,21416.0.html

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »

sorry.  guess i missed it or spaced out.......... tongue

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »

I think it is worthy of a reminder every now and then.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »

Yes, it is worthy of a reminder. The last time I contacted the NRA via their website, HR 45 still didn't have a co-sponsor. I haven't checked on the status of it lately, but my guess is that it doesn't have enough support at this time. I'll be watching to see how it pans out.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 10:45:14 PM »

I'll be watching for updates around here. you seldom get a real follow-through from the press.

be happy and make others happy.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 01:29:07 AM »

I know it has motivated me.   I've bought a new rifle, a new hall cleaner (holds 8 rds of 00 buck), and have decided I need 500 rds for every gun that will pop a cap.  They are all locked securely away except for the hall cleaner and the one for CC, in other words, those I use every day.  My old hall cleaner would only hold 5 rds so it's now my backup.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 05:53:27 AM »

So glad I bought both of my reloading presses and all of my components back when stuff was cheap. Even if this never comes up for a vote it is very telling about it's supporters.

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 08:29:44 AM »

I know it has motivated me.  I've bought a new rifle, a new hall cleaner (holds 8 rds of 00 buck), and have decided I need 500 rds for every gun that will pop a cap.  They are all locked securely away except for the hall cleaner and the one for CC, in other words, those I use every day.  My old hall cleaner would only hold 5 rds so it's now my backup.

HALL CLEANER !  grin   I've never heard that term from LEOs or former LEOs before, but I like it. My personal favorite is my Remington 870 Police 12 gauge pump, 18" Improved Cylinder Barrel . I replaced the wood furniture with Hogue's short LOP rubber overmolded fiberglass stock and added Scattergun's Ghost Sights and a Six Shotshell Caddy attached to the receiver, and a 2 shot extension, just like you I've loaded her with 00 Buck, but I've added 4 Rifled Slugs to the Caddy. I really feel sorry for the Thugs that pick my house  evil but at the same time, I hope to God that I don't have to use it.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »

I almost bought a street sweeper before they were banned and COLLECTED.  ( I just hadn't saved the money - then the price went way up, then I hadn't saved the money)

be happy and make others happy.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 08:16:43 PM »

Please don't think this is a dead end thing ! It will bite us in the a--  angry

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next