Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 01:22:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you die from over-regulation?  (Read 2694 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 11:05:30 PM »

Some people like prison life. After they have been in awhile they can't live well out side the wall so they do what they can to get back in. Some people can't take care of themselves. They will always need a mommy. They want people to tell them what to do and not do. Just seems wierd there are more of them than there are of us "Leave me aloners"   Undecided

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
StephenSDH
New Bee

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 11:25:28 PM »

Its good to see there are some like minded people.  I get so frustrated especially when I see the polls numbers.  The government has forgotten they have no roll in our personal lives.  I am a healthy person, and I take care of myself, so this would have no immediate impact on me, but these are stepping stones.  There is already obesity taxes in NY.  I hope there is a strong swing in 2010.
-Steve
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »

One thought does come to mind, though. The government, specifically the FDA and that stupid food pyramid, is implicit in the 'fattening' of America by virtue of their turning corn into a commodity where some found profit creating questionable 'nutrients'.  They also pushed the subsidies that totally changed the way we grew and delivered our food, which has mainly benefited BigAg, not the farm industry (except for a few).  Highly processed foods are cheap, but profitable for those who produce it.  No good whatsoever for us, those of us who are smart enough recognize this and don't eat them, but way to many people live on processed foods.  What the government should do is use their advertising powers, their subtle powers of persuasion (the ones they use everywhere else!) to swing things around to a more healthy road - problem is there's not enough money in it.  Just some rambling thoughts, I don't like laws saying what you an or can't do, it's the wrong way to go about it, but most of you already know that.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »

makes me wonder what my generation sat along the berlin wall and the bamboo curtain for

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 11:13:12 AM »

makes me wonder what my generation sat along the berlin wall and the bamboo curtain for

ditto

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »

Its good to see there are some like minded people.  I get so frustrated especially when I see the polls numbers.  

Keep in mind that poll numbers are manipulated to say what the poll-taker and/or reporter wants to convey. Example with current poll numbers:
Obama's "personal" numbers are high. His numbers on specific policies or areas of performance are not high. We generally on hear the personal rating stats.
When Bush was in, I don't recall the press generally giving us his personal rating numbers, but instead his "approval rating on the war". Maybe I have just forgotten, or my bias is showing, but I think there is a difference in the way the numbers are being reported with this administration.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 12:32:05 PM »

Maybe I have just forgotten, or my bias is showing, but I think there is a difference in the way the numbers are being reported with this administration.

Ya think?  lau  Sorry, but that just struck me as funny, and I know you're being serious.

Yes, the polls are used to manipulate.  I was watching Beck last night (I've never watched him at all other than on O'Reilly's show) and he had the perfect little demo, flashing his right hand saying "Watch this!  Watch this" and then POW  the left hook comes outta nowhere.  The razzle dazzle comes out bigtime when something shows up in a more independent poll they don't want you to pay attention to.   What's Michelle wearing tonight?  Oh, a night in Paris, how romantic!  What a wonderful couple they are!  Yadda, yadda, yadda while those of us paying attention see what's really going on. 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 12:37:51 PM »

Ya think?  lau  Sorry, but that just struck me as funny, and I know you're being serious.

Yes, the polls are used to manipulate.  

Yeah, I know, but it's just that I can't help but question my own objectivity from time to time.  Smiley

Btw, I love Beck's new TV show. Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 12:59:17 PM »

polls have another use.  they influence voters.  no one want to be on the losing side of an issue, and no one wants to think they might be wrong about something.  if polls show that most people are leaning a certain way, others will be swayed in that direction by the numbers. after all, if the majority think a certain way, I might be wrong....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »

When the polls show a lot of people on the other side of the issue I think, "WOW! More and more idiots everyday."  rolleyes

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
StephenSDH
New Bee

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

I just heard today on the radio, and I looked it up.

"72 percent of Americans want a government role in health care -- and are willing to pay higher taxes for it."

haha.  Maybe 72 percent of uninsured.  Makes me want to jump on a knife.  I should do it while I might get medical help if I am unsuccessful.  I was explaining to my wife that healthcare isn't the greatest(well it is the greatest, but could be better).  Hospitals treat uninsured which alot don't pay and the hospital has to raise their rates to recoop from those who do pay.  If the government gets involved.  You will still have the same situation, but the government will pay for the bums, and tax us to do it.  You end up paying for the uninsured either way, but the current scenario doesn't involve the government!  I just can't wait to find out that people on government insurance will get elective surgeries at our expense.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next