Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 03:46:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how will you answer the census?  (Read 1126 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 19, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/17/exclusive-minn-lawmaker-fears-census-abuse/

i intend to do the same.  last time there were questions about the number of guns you owned, as i recall.  i did not answer that.  the purpose  of the census is to count the number of people.  anything else they ask, i will not answer.  it is none of their business.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 11:49:18 AM »

I had already decided to do that when a worker came around to give "notice" this was taking place. This place and for a half mile area was not populated the last census. He was surprized to find all these residences out here  grin

Here is what someone says

http://realetybytes.blogtownhall.com

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
dennis a
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 12:32:05 PM »

Hi all,
I see on some sites they are saying to put "human" under race.
I will not give personal info out.
Dennis

Dennis
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »

Hi all,
I see on some sites they are saying to put "human" under race.

Wow, I haven't heard that one, but it's a novel idea. Smiley I like that.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 01:13:53 PM »

jerrymac, you picked a great blogger to reference.  he and i have had the pleasure of tag teaming against some lib posters on a couple of sites.  i have also followed his TH blog.  not your alter-ego is it??   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »

Oh come on now, you know I am not that gifted with words.  Undecided

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 01:39:33 PM »

I am usually honest to a fault. In business, and sometimes to my detriment, personally. that said. If someone asks me a question that I think is out of line or too personal I WILL LOOK THEM DEAD IN THE EYES AND LIE MY D____ FACE OFF.
(It save me putting up with begging such as "c'mon you can tell me." or a government knowing much more than it really has a right to.)

be happy and make others happy.
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »

This year my wife got a temporary job with the census, she ended up being a crew leader and all they were doing this time around was making sure every residence in a given area was accounted for, as we are in a very rural area her crew was kept real busy driving up dirt roads etc.
Here are some things that drive me nuts about them, by the way this job only lasted two months.

They were issued fancy hand held computers, these used a bio metric log on, had built in GPS, Email and a whole bunch of other stuff. They were not available for the last census, and are only required for this "map spotting" they will not be used for the actual census work next year, they will be obsolete before the next census in ten yrs. Any guess as to how many millions were spent on them ( I do not know)

My wifes phone bill went from about $100 to almost $400 during this time due to all the calls she had to take. First they said, send in an itemized bill and we will pay it, then they said this is too complicated just show us the difference between your regular bill and the new one, then after they paid the first one, we submitted a claim for the next month and they came back saying, submit a detailed account, and we want a detailed account for the previous month or we may claim the money back from you.

And any info they want above and beyond how many live here and what are the ages, they can just go pound sand

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 07:40:36 AM »

Yep, they will know who exists here and that's it.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 10:40:48 AM »

Shucks, when they ask about guns, I'm gonna flex my biceps, bat my eyes and say "Two big ones, baby"  grin

'course that is lying my face off too embarassed

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next