Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 09:57:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos and Youtube stuff coming - soon!!!  (Read 1714 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: April 28, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »

Hi Everyone:

Been back from the Southern Gathering and I'll be detailing it in great volumes of words, photos and videos. I literally took over 3 hours of video and nearly 400 still shots.

Brendhan (Understudy) also had his vidocam going non-stop fixed on a tripod and I was up-close and personal to graphting and lots of stuff.

If you missed the LIVE VIDEO FEED on Mugulus, you missed almost 10 hours of BSING to BEESTINGING Smiley So now comes the fun part: I'm thinking of taking off tomorrow, enough jet time and driving to do these sorry bones for one more day. I need to sit down and do three main things:

1) send all the video content and stills to their proper folders
2) group the video into logical ROUGH groupings, so I can piece and cut stuff without long searching through hours and hours of stuff.
3) figure what topic each video should have, some will only be a minute or two long, other all full ten minutes I'm sure.
4) decide WHICH PHOTOS need to be embedded in the movies and which are headed for a slide show.
5) finally edit and upload everything. But basically, that is how every video project is.

I think I'll keep any trip videos/pics peple post here in coffeehouse UNTIL about after all new views have been seen, then move it to GATHERINGS and start a GET TOGETHER GALLERY THERE, with past get togethers, everyone can add stills or videos and we'll really put a nice VID/STILL group together for all to be inspired from.

LAST THOUGHT HERE... This was a great and I should use LARGER FONTS to say GREAT WITH, our final count was about 9 forum members, some of Buds friends who fit in nicely and EVERY DAY - BUD had food from hand-cut steaks 1.5 inches think, to shrimp ETOUPHE" (sp.) I'd call it a bisque up here which was creamy and incredible. Bud mad bread and cinnamon rolls, CWBee drove with Dallas about 50 round trip miles and bough 6 two pound PLUS lobstes for everyone - wow, nice way to finish,

It was a pleasure meeting everyone there, from Alan Buckley who he and I have not really talked before (he is a text chat guy most the time) but watching him in the videos, explaining graphting, you will be bound to our seat. But what was cool, he and I got talking "Coasttocoastam" radio kinda talk, from Out of Body Experiences, to UFOs and anything in between, even how our oras can drastically change beehive behavour.

JP was a thrill, He sure is a bit QUIETER than I expected, but a real gentleman and we got some quality time in!

What can you say about uncle Bud - he is the guy on the Mogulus cam you see, the voice you hear on Ventrilo and the bigger than life friend everyone should have. We had lots of memorable times, but Bud said some nice things in private before we left that had me choking back sone tears od pride and joy.

Brendhan and I never met, but we sure to to know each other of the 23 or so road hours. Dallas I've known 3 trips now, and he knows Brendhan so to answer Cindi's question, we all did prety good splitting up the air-time talking - lol.

Can't forget SC-Bees (Steve) He got there a day early and look mighty at home - lol. We talked a lot while the younger folks (doing graphiting/moving bees to a hive from a garbage can) and Steve and I just talked about the forum, how long he's been around and the  fine people we've met. As the nights went on we got lots of chatting in. Steve was a real trooper, he was Bud's major helper preping and cooking, and every day we had a spread!

Everyone else I met and greater details coming - I've only been home an hour and I have to go to work in the morning - good night all. First Video HOPEFULLY WEDNESDAY NIGHT -  I promise you'll see the link Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »

Welcome back John and cant wait to see the videos.  So glad you had a great time. Sounds like it was something to experience for sure.

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:06:02 AM »

John, I'm kinda the type that sits back and takes everything in, Brendhan on the other hand is my polar opposite!

John, it was a real pleasure meeting you and the gang. I had an awful good time.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:43:41 AM »

"I will be the first one to step onto the battlefield and the last to step off"

Well done Boss, looking forward to the dirt on BUD!
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:16:06 AM »

Glad it was a good time for all Smiley

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:26 PM »

JP:

Calling yourself the Polar Opposire of Brendhan really made my day, doing 22 hours with Brendhan in a car is interesting, and when he got to Rossmann he was delighted - it made up for sticking it out to have breakfast Monday morning.

I didn't let it out much, but I was in some nasty back pain and a raw throat infection was setting in, so I was happy to catch the praphting on video and still shots rather than getting my turn into the seat and do it. I learned so much from Alan Buckley, absolutely brilliant man.

What a lot of people missed was the DARKSIDE of THE MOON conversation with Alan, and he and I connected really well on lots of interesting stuff about the Universe and such things.

I'm busy as we speak converting 5 full 40 minute taps into my computer, so when I get all the material (unless a single tape has a complete theme - then the uploading begins.

JP... I'd love to use some of your photos as fillers and high-light stills in the videos and also the slideshows I'll have with musical tracks. Let me know if that is ok.

It was a fun weekend, I had a few reoccuring health issues that laid me aside a bit, I noticed you could tell I don't operate at 100% any of the time - I haven't been lucky with health the last few years and they take turns at jabbing me. In all truth, I'm just tickled I was able to attend and see everyone, I think we had the perfect size crowd and there was always something to do! Who can ask for better than that!

So, videos are loading into my PC as we speak, editing coming as I can get it done and I have a deal with Brendhan to share any footage we have which could make either of our videos better Smiley

Talk soon all. Oh, one last funny story - I picked up a nasty sore throat thing (I won't mention I believe it came from Dallas) and I called out sick today, well just a few minutes age, my boss called TELLING ME that he's appriciate me STAYING OUT at least one more day or until this is over with - I started thinking of the SWINE FLU stuff I kept seeing at the airports on CNN and my coworkers think being an airport traveler I may be PATIENT ZERO at the workplace - lol. So, I have an extended vacation. Much, so much more to come.

Follow us on TWITTER

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

John, you can use the pics no problem. You sure your throat isn't bothering you cause of that sloppy kiss Bud layed on you right before we left? grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »

JP:

Thanks and that KISS Uncle Bud laid on me was the first one I had in about 6 days, I had Tracey plant one on the oposite side to balance me out Smiley

A lot happened since the earlier post - I called my Dr.'s office, got into the walk in side and go scripts for antibiotics, I hope to shake all this soon, the weekend was great, one of the best times I've had and minus the whole feeling pretty crappy thing, I was pleased if nothing else to spend time with everyone individually and get tons of footage - I have 2 cassettes uploaded now - so while I transfer one, I'll start editing some others, but the material is all over the tapes, to do it right and make ORDERLY VIDEO (continuity) I need all the tapes uploaded.

Back to the grindstone Smiley

Follow us on TWITTER

bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »

Mrr John; you yankey boys sho were great to meet. I was also tickled to meet Dallis, Chris, Cajun(JP), Steve,Brandon and see the looks on everyones faces when Allan hit his stride.
I am still doging Clide about our house cleaning, but she smilling now that I hired her a cleaning lady fo a day. Never thaught I would be missing a bunch o yankeys, but I am

to bee or not to bee
sc-bee
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »

I"m kinda having withdrawals too, more later. Miss seeing everyone even the YANKS!!! Hope you feel better BEEMASTER, I kinda suspected you were fighting feeling bad!!!

Guess Dallas checked out OK.

PaPa Bear Bud, Miss you man.

John 3:16
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »

OK now reading all this and the memories coming in I am getting teary eyed and have the same withdrawls that yall are talking about. Thank you to all that came and made it such a great thing to remember. I love you guy's!

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 08:25:42 PM »

male bonding.  it's a wonderful thing!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »

Wow guys, you really did have a great time. How wonderful
sc-bee
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:38 PM »

Well I guess all the gang has made it home safely. That indeed means alot.

Where do I start it is kinda hard. I tried to talk myself out of going several times--- 7 1/2 hour drive straight through. I knew the many sordid names I would be called if I didn't show grin! So glad I went.

The ride was long. I had never traveled that area of I-20 and Talladega was beautiful. I arrived about 4 hours ahead of what Bud was expecting and a day earlier than the rest. Bud was not home when i arrived so I parked under a shade tree and eyeballed a swarm from one of bud hives as I napped. I begin to see the bees look a little restless so I decided to look for a place to hive them ( I feared the harassment I would receive if I neglected to do it. I found a Nuc and hived the swam (only for it to abscond the next day).

As I got the swarm hived bud came riding up on the ATV, pointed a pistol across a field and fired a few shots, I pretended to duck behind the car and began to laugh. It was on from there on. We traveled around for a couple of days waiting on the others to arrive. We ran the swarm trap circuit (about 30 boxes) and collected three swarms. I see it is not as complicated as I wanted to make it. We eat the best pork chops @ the local diner I have ever had (and I promise this country boy has had his share of pork chops --- just look @ the pictures). I the grand tour of a catfish processing plant.

Bud told everyone his truck was riding level for the first time ever as we went down the highway grin! His
tires on the passenger side got wear they have never had. Beemaster accused me of looking like a local, life with but could be addictive Kiss!

The gang finally arrived:

Chris and Beemaster came from the furthest. I appreciate the effort they made.

Chris- great meeting you. Hope to see you at the next gathering. It truly would not be the same without you there. I hate I missed the Lobster. Just drop mine in the mail grin!

JP and Brendhan unloaded and it made me tired watching them. Wide open all weekend. They pulled out their James Bond devices and poked and probed ever hive and colony they could find Wink. It was great watching you guys. Brendhan shot hours of footage. You beekeepers in his club are lucky to have someone so eager to learn and share. Jp shared pictures of his many cutouts with a sideways grin under the Jet black Cajun beard. Thanks guys.

Dallas- Wow fractured his leg loading bees the night before and still came. What else can you say. It was touch and go for him for a while, but he was good after the Meds kicked in. and he finally understood the instructions to the split they gave him that they didn't have Wink. (If you didn't catch that they sent him back to Buds with instructions on how to care for his splint but they didn't have a splint?)  I recently spent 5 1/2 months on crutches due to a surgery, and now back complications from it (me the big guy in the pictures probably sitting on a stool with the bees chewing on me grin), so I felt his pain. We got to spend alot of time together as I hauled crip around Wink. It was great Dallas. Thanks for all you do for the forum and arranging this get together.

Alan Buckley --- to the man who has more bee knowledge in his pinky than I will ever have in my entire body. Thanks for all the help and advice. From queen grafting to nuc building. I hate I missed the session on aliens and outer body experiences. NOT shocked!!!

John (Beemaster)- what can I say. The man who raises beekeepers. Thanks for your endless hours you devote to the forum without which I would have not meet new friends. Thanks to all of those who help you make it possible: Dallas, Ken, Robo, and the others behind the scenes I have failed to mention or don't know about.

Bud- what can I say- The host with the most grin! Flintstone steaks, Big man breakfast, Boston butt, Shrimp etoufee (sp), and big clabber head cinnamon rolls. And a heart of kindness bigger than any. They say you can judge a man by his friends and I got a full weekend of what a kind man he is regardless of the exterior (even though he looks like Ms. Santa). I cannot thank you enough Bud.

Also thanks to Leonard, Clark and sons, Mr gene, Mr. Poole and all the others who made my stay so wonderful. Oh yeah, Hello Clyde and Sprout.

I have so much more to say but I will stop rambling.

I would like to close by saying, bees brought us together, but it was not about the bees. It was about new found friendships that I hope continue to foster and grow. As I took the long drive home I reflected on the events of the weekend, the closeness of the community of friends in Macon Ms.(that's what America is about) and other personal issues. The time alone really done me some good and I hope grounded me in some areas in which I have fallen short. I hope I focus and do better.

None of the above would have been possible without the Beemaster Forum. I salute you all with a big REBEL yell. Even the YANKS grin!!!

Thank You
Steve Seigler
Edgefield SC

John 3:16
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 03:37:17 AM »

I want the full unedited uncut version! $9.95 + shipping and handling!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »

Let me see.... I need to address from all the post since I last posted - no order.

Bud:

Lordy Man, not sure if I ever said but I had13 uncles and aunts on BOTH SIDES OF THE FAMILY - all are gone now, except you Smiley I honestly feel like family with all you guys, meetings (which I had 3 of since the forum - this was a majotr journey that made the get together all the more special.

I did what I could to keep her room as clean as possible, I hope it didn't lok to different when she got back. If it weren't for the dwindling labor and time restraints we sure should have done upa "Man-Version" of the kitchen, Sorry Clyde, we actually kept up pretty good until that last night/morning.

Bud, I will never forget that freak smmootch on the cheek you gave me after that big teddy brear hug, it meant so much to me and I felt it coming for all the good reasons from you - I stood there very proud and will never forget that.

STEVE

I can only say I wish we had more time together, surely we've had our time on Ventrilo and it will be inhanced greatly now that we have met - I know in my heart that we will meet again and pick right off where we left. That extra day you had with Bud makes a lot of us jealous, the two of you looked and worked as if you had been teamed up for weeks before e arrived. It was an honor tosit across the couch and just jabber-jaw with you.

JP

You filled me with kind words like I never felt before - and indeed, without exception gatherings is the best part of having Beemaster.com - without that, the world is a larger more sterile place, with it we are up close and personal and down and dirty. I especially enjoyed that you did the right thing and  suited up during the different drills - Comfort and preventitive accidents keeps the mind on the bee work, not the bees - a smart man goes into (what could be battle) armed and ready.

Brendhan

Although I missed a post, I had to reply. You sure got your moneys worth, you had your hands in everything and did great narrations. We need to get the video uploaded to share, I'm doing an Alan Buckey show right now and still have some tapes to upload. I'm lucky to have a thousand gig portable hard drive, which I needed to move a lot of stuff from my laptop to get ll the media onto C Drive. Now.... I'm an honest person and there were several times I wish I had a mute button (at least a volume comtrol) on you - I missed a bunch of quality Alan Buckey stuff, which took about a minute of a six munite video - I'm gonna try to do subtitles and save the content.

Dallas:

You (as always) were outstanding. from the airport pickup to airport drop off, you were who I claim to the world my Best Friend - out get togethers have all been fun, livly anfwithout a minute of dead air time. No one could ask for better than that. Seeing your family again,is like visiting favorite neices and nephews - next time, the kids get more Beemaster time, I did get to convrse with David a lot - for those who don't know David id a very gifted child, brains, troubleshooting, asking the right questions when we talked outer space, life on othr solar systems in other gallaxies. He was even a gasp when he though about that some planets out there far off could likely have had millions of years head start on the evolution that drives all intellegent beings to space and so much more.

Alan Buckley I spoke of earlier and in chat last night he doesn't need a bigger head - it may pop - lol.  But his approach to hive manipulation in mechanical like a surgeon, he has gifted hands and a brain that is a book in the making - he knows BEE0Haviour (which is my fondest part of the hobby) as much as he knows everything it takes to determine long before a hive problem ocurs, what to do and how to fix it. I have one full video laid out here JUST for HIM.

KathyP:

Male bonding is a wonderful thing - in the grand scheme of things eplay nice from child to adult. It is actually fun to work with other men in my work place, we set up a job (usually I'm in the boiler) and have an outside spotter - but I'm talking any job. Guys know or learn so quickly what tools the other guy needs and has it ready to hand it to him long before he needs it - even if there are dozens of tools that could be chosen from.

The gathering was interesting, especially watching JP and Brendhan working together, they were a machine and didn't even have to communicate by grunts - what tool or whatever was there while working in near total silence.

Annette:

First I owe you a PM, but to answer you, I'm doing pretty good, I was not feeling to well much of the weekend but I did everythng I had hoped to do and made myself proud.

Everyone else, I off the rest of the week, so doing the videos is a priority, I hope to get the OVER-VIEW video done first, likely a near 10 minute film and then break it up into themesfor all the rest. I'm pretty sure I'll have Episode One done tonight!

By all

Follow us on TWITTER

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 08:09:56 PM »

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who said kind things about me. I had an incredible time. I am in the process of uploading a video that I know John and pdmattox will appreciate. When it is done I will put the link up to it.

I have more videos to go through but I had to learn a new software. Actually I had to learn two. I am getting the hand of doing some small effects. Mixing and cross fading all very fun but time consuming. Plus the render on video can take all day.

Be patient. It's going to be good.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next