Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 08:11:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spred'n the word  (Read 1768 times)
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« on: March 05, 2005, 11:26:53 AM »

I went to another meeting the other night and about everyone there, begginers class, knew nothing about bees, I would say 20 people. So when they where talking about good sites to go to to learn I had to say to come to Johns wonderful forums. I hope some of them come on in and join, they seamed very interested, bye Cheesy

Ryan Horn
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 05:31:08 PM »

Great point Ryan:

I hope everyone (who has clubs, groups and meetings with other beekeepers) will share the forum address with them. Having an enviroment like this is a double bonus - it gives the local members a meeting place and it gives this International crowd more members to share and learn from.

I think I'll make up a Acrobat Page with 10 Bee Forum cards on it - explaining a bit about the forums and its features, and maybe everyone can make these available as hand outs at the meetings or share the address in club newsletters.

If we never get another member, we still have a great group -  But in the post on DO YOU BELONG TO A CLUB shows that many members here do - We have the ability to set up groups in the forums - both open and private areas, so that club members can write back and forth to their membership without sending stuff to everyone in the forum - that is a powerful tool when most clubs have a website, but no real means of communicating besides email.

That includes individual chatrooms too - all that is easy to create and literally effortless to maintain. The point is to make beekeeping available to anyone's desktop, with live and relative material always a mouse click away.

Good post Ryan - thanks for spreading the word. I think that Backyard Beekeeping is an important and necessary media for the survival of the honeybee. Commercial enterprises serve a real purpose, but the individual beeyards are hubs where the honeybee has a greater chance to thrive during these tough times. And I have learned that being able to communicate with others greatly increases everyones chance of success.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Lesli
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 05:54:53 PM »

Since I'm the bee club editor, I had a little "filler column" of Internet sites helpful to beekeepers, and I listed this one, too. While we have many long-time beeks in our club, there's a surprising number of people new to it.

Lesli
http://beeyard.blogspot.com/
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 06:29:38 PM »

I was suprised when we went to are begginers meeting the other night becuase I expected mostly older men in the class. It turned out more like 60% middle aged weman. bye Cheesy

Ryan Horn
lively Bee's
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 01:08:27 AM »

In the begginers class I took with my wife there was only 4 men and then about 12 or 13 ladys.
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 08:27:42 AM »

Guess it is common then, bye Cheesy

Ryan Horn
Rich V
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 09:58:42 PM »

The classes I been too are about 40% women

Rich V.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print