Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 07:58:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The tale of the breast  (Read 4977 times)
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 05:27:08 PM »

Wishing you a speedy and painless recovery. 

David
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 12:10:23 AM »

Just a quick note here, everything went well on Monday, some pretty horrible pain that night and through a good part of yesterday, but today, just like new, smiling.  Our weather has been beautiful so I have been doing tons of work outside, from early morning to dusk.  I'll hopefully get sometime tomorrow to get on our forum and do some posting, life is beautiful.  Have that wonderful, most great and awesome day, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »

Cindi, I'm so glad your procedure went well on Monday.  Mine didn't go as well, I have to repeat it next Thursday Sad  I hope you feel much better today!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 01:55:12 PM »

glad you are feeling better cindi.  reinbeau, sorry yours didn't go as well.  try not to worry about it to much, although i know that's probably not possible.

thanks for posting this stuff guys.  you motivated me to make an appointment for next week.  i didn't realize that it had been 3 years since i'd been squished.  time got away from me.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »

Cindi, I'm so glad things went well!  Don't log in for a couple of days & all sorts of stuff happens. Ann, you are in my prayers, it's frustrating when they don't get right to things.  I'm always amazed at how flat they make em in the machine...I feel like I have to roll the girls up like a fruit rollup to get dressed! J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »

Cindi

I am glad the procedure is finally over and I hope it truly is all over for you. Are the results available for you yet???

Ann hang in there, sometimes they are not sure and repeat things. (I know as I work in an office where we have repeat patients coming back in for another look)

Special prayers for both of you

Love
Annette
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 08:49:34 PM »

Well, I don't wantto gross out any men here, but.....this is a copy and paste of what happened Wednesday.  The procedure is known as a stereobiopsy, I guess they have to do it this way because these are teeny little calcifications they're going after that don't show up well on ultrasound.

I have to admit something, I feel like such a failure, although they assured me it wasn't my fault.  I had to sit up for this procedure, all while your breast is compressed in a mammogram.  I passed out.  I really think if I could have been lying down it would have worked.  They were all in (the needle was almost into place) and ready to go, and I went out cold.  So they have to reschedule me.  Really, they should have known I needed a sedative, I told them I was terrified, even though as I was being smooshed and positioned in the mammogram machine I was trying hard to calm myself, breathe, not look, take my mind off it - but suddenly I felt myself going, I felt sick, next thing I knew I was laying down and they were trying to wake me up.  I have very low blood pressure anyways, I guess it dropped to below 20 (bottom number)!

So I have to go back, (with a prescribed Ativan pill beforehand) and do it again.  I really don't want to have a surgical biopsy!  Hopefully it will be on the 30th.  I just want this past me.....

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »

I had a needle biopsy several years ago at Kaiser Hospital..  When they squished my breast, so, so hard and had to remain like that until I could not feel anything, well I also started to feel like I was going to pass out.  I did not pass out,but I thought how can women stand to do this procedure without some pain medication.

Sorry you have to go through this again.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »

Valium is so much better.  grin  to bad they have gotten so freaky about using such an effective drug.

don't feel bad about passing out.  i have had big Marines go over on my just because i was going to draw their blood.  they dropped before i even stuck them!

actually, it's good to know that you are going back because you passed out, and not because they found something bad!

how could the guys be grossed out when we went through the whole belly button thing with them??   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 09:05:50 AM »

They can do pretty much anything they want to to me.... as long as they put me to sleep.  grin

Sometimes I really wish they would put me under to even start an IV. I really hate needles. I have nice big veins but they move around. I thought I was going to have to slug this nurse one time because she wouldn't stop chasing it around my arm.  shocked

I have this one Doctor, the one that sticks cameras into certain openings, he tolerates me enough to enforce my rule when I go to have the procedure done. That being they get one stick, just one. They have to start the IV first and everything else goes through that. Well at least until I am a sleep and then I guess they do what ever they want to. You know, like string me up with surgical tubing and dance me around naked like a puppet. Really, don't you ever wonder why you get those weird looks from people after being put to sleep.  grin

There was one time he was going down my throat to see how my ulcers are doing and I remember feeling like they were sticking the breathing tube down the wrong hole and I was fighting them off. They had to start all over and use stronger drugs.  cool Oh yeah! The good stuff.

Don't even talk about belly buttons. For as long as I remember, from birth probably, I have had this thing about the BB. It feels like a sharp pin prick when anything is pushed into it. Even a finger. I even hate trying to get a bit of lint out of it. I thought this was the way everyone's was. My wife wanted to mess with me once a while back and she playfully poked her finger into my navel. I almost hit her in a reflex action. shocked That is when I learned that nope, this was not normal.

About like when I learned it wasn't normal to have a slight headache ALL the time. I just assumed everybody did.

So anyway, I sympathize with anyone that suffers through any procedure while awake. My wife (a nurse herself) was talking about an angiogram I believe it is called. They run something from your thigh up through the veins to the heart. Told my wife it would never be done to me.... unless they put me under of course.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »

Cindi, how are things going for you now, do you have results?  Are you feeling better?

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »

Eeks!!!  Annette, my results should be in by the time I see my surgeon on Thursday, next.  I am feeling great, I was pretty uptight about the thought of surgery, I always think I will not come out of the anaesthetic, silly girl....

Oh Ann, that is dreadful that you have to have this procedure done again.  I would like to know why they are leaving the pin inside your breast.  Did they tell you why?  My pin was only in there temporarily so the surgeon could know exactly what area to cut out that hunk'o'flesh  Lips Sealed Smiley

I have never fainted, but I know it happens to many people.  Ken, when he gets blood drawn for bloodwork faints.  When he gives blood to the blood bank he does not.  Go figure.

This is what happened to me when I went to the hospital.   They gave me an antacid to combat stomach acid.  Go figure.  I don't have an acidy stomach, but they said because of the fasting (since midnight) and the surgery stuff, there is lots of stomach acid present.  Oh brother.

The nurse came and took my blood pressure.  She looked rather perplexed and took it again.  I asked why.  She said because my blood pressure was extremely high, something like 180 over 90 (I think that is what she told me).  That is Greek to me, I don't get it.  She said that it was so high that she needed to talk to the anaesthatist  (spelling?).  I asked if it would delay surgery.  No.  She said that she would have to get permission to give me an ativan and that would bring down the blood pressure.  She asked if I had high blood pressure, I told her no.  I had my pressure taken a couple of weeks ago, fine, always has been good.  Then, of all the stupid things to say to me.  She asked me if I was stressed out about the surgery.  Blah!!!  What a dumb question.  I told her I was stressed to the gills, I doubt if anyone enjoys surgery.

And then....that anaesthatist bugged me.  I told her that I have had several surgeries in my lifetime and each time they have a dreadful time to get the needle in the first try.  The nurse backed her up and said, "oh she is good, she'll get it right in.  Liar.  The lady decided that the needle should go in the top of my hand.  Next thing I knew she was attempting to put another needle, but this time into my arm.  I said what was with the needle still stuck in my hand.  She said she missed that vein and would remove it in a moment.   shocked shocked shocked  I think that she was rather blushing, especially after the nurse pumping her up, indicating that she was GOOD.  Oh dear.  I would not want to have to put a needle into a body anyways, I would for surely miss and end up unintentionally doing something bad.   ANyways, she shoulda listened.  I had no reason to lie about the issues with my veins.  Eeeks!!!  Anyways....

That ativan musta worked, because the surgery occurred.  That's ma story and I'm stickin' to it.

Good luck Ann with the next procedure, tell them to dope you right up, smiling and Kathy, good girl, I am glad that we have motivated you to have a squishy boob day......have that most wonderful and awesome day, life and health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 12:00:17 AM »

God I hate hospitals and I work in one. Glad it is finally over, and it sure does sound like a typical day in a hospital.

Glad the worst is over. Now the waiting for the results.

Cindi I am glad you are over the worst of this and I was thinking about you and a bit worried. When do you think they will give you the results.  When I Had my breast biopsy at Kaiser, they made me wait for 3 weeks before they called me with the results.  I was a basket case by the time they called me. Hope it goes easier for you.

Take care and love
Annette
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »

Oh Annette, I am going to the surgeon on Thursday, he will remove the stitches, I am freaked out about how many there are, I think only two or three.  I am not allowed to take off the steri-tapes nor the stitches myself so I actually have no clue what lies below.  I usually ALWAYS take out any stitches that doctors do around here, be it human or animal doctor, smiling....I think that he said the results would take about a week or so.  I know that things are OK, he was just being very cautious about removing anything that may have been unusual (too bad they took that hunk of my boob though, about the golf ball size). He said the boob will look no different, thankin' my lucky stars about that one, scars are OK, I just wouldn't to be lopsided  shocked.  Thanks for your caring hand, Annette, sweet gal.  Have that most wonderfully great and awesome life, day and of course -- health.  Cindi

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »

Cindi, it's a tiny little marker pin they're leaving in for future mammograms, or if they have to go in again, it's a teeny-tiny little thing, that won't cause any problems on MRI's or anything like that.  If they do have to go in and do surgery they'll take it out then. 

Ativan will lower blood pressure?  That doesn't sound like a good thing for me, mine is already too low!  Oh, bother.......I can't wait until Thursday at 2:00 pm, this will all be behind me.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

ativan will lower anxiety which will lower anxiety caused high BP   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 06:08:31 PM »

Ok, as long as it only lowers anxiety, I'm all for it.  I need no help whatsoever lowering my blood pressure, as they found out the other day!

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 09:37:10 PM »

Ann, all will be well.  Thursday will come and go, and be gone, and done, and you will be runnin' just like the ol' you, smiling.  What do you do for low blood pressure?  Think I may have heard bananas or something like that?  I would be curious, tell me please, elaborate....Do you think that you will be able to feel the pin in the tissue if you lean against something or other.  Is there any rejection issues with the metal within?  I need to know, you know me....Ms. Curiosity, smiling.  Have the best of this wonderful and most awesome life, day, health.  Cindi

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 06:43:14 AM »

I don't think I will feel the pin, it's very small, smaller than this 'o', and it's rounded, it's just a marker.  Some kind of surgical steel, I'm sure.  As for what I do about low blood pressure, nothing, it isn't necessarily a bad thing, it only causes me problems when standing up from laying down (I can get lightheaded if I do it too fast) and now here, under stress.  At least I pass out instead of having a stroke when under stress!  Smiley  Of course that's fraught with it's own perils.....

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »

OK Ann, that is cool, sounds like it is slightly larger than a pinhead, good.

I went to the post-surgery with my surgeon today.  He took off the little bandaid thingys, looked at my boob and said, "good job".  Hmmm....wonder what that meant anyways, my healing, or the beautiful work that he had done.  There seems to me that there are two scars, both look like a happy face, and they are so close together, they almost look like one happy face above the other.  Hard to describe. Anyways, I would describe his precision close to nothing short of perfect.  There will be no visible scars, I can almost gaurantee that by looking at it in the mirror, oh happy day.  I thought that there was stitches below the little bandaids that I was not allowed to remove, he made that strictly clear when I was in the recovery room.  Although I was so stoned, he coulda told me anything and I would have listened, hee, hee.  There are internal stitches and he said they would dissolve in a few weeks.  If I feel a stitch come to the surface of the skin to come in to see him or my G.P. and they could pull it up and cut it off.  Whatever!!!  Like, after taking stitches out of horses, dogs, human beings and anything you can think of, like I would go to get a doctor to remove that.  I told him that I would remove it myself, and he said to go for it, but just to not cut my skin while I was at it.  Hey, doctor, you be talking to a country girl....we do things on our own. 

Well, I guess I should mention the real point of this topic.  There is zero cancer cells, nuthin', nautta, perfect and clear bill of health. I be thankin' my lucky stars today.  This is a good day. All that worry for so long, this is a good day.  Have that great, most wonderful day, love this life you be livin', everyday, health.  Cindi

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next