Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 02, 2014, 05:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who fixes the cutouts?  (Read 853 times)
tlynn
Field Bee

« on: April 17, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »

I have been looking through some of JP's photo series of cutouts (great photo sets by the way) and I an curious about something - the cutouts necessitate some structural modifications, like sawsalling through lathe and plaster walls or slicing through roof decking.  All in all a good bit of carpentry to clean up the whole mess.  Is the owner left to deal with the repairs?
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »

when I do cut outs, I have been a framer for a few years and know what I am doing, I tell them I will do the lest amount of damage I can to get rid of the bee's,  when the bee's are gone so am I, I know a couple that do removals and also fix repairs but their bottom price is $600 , I do my removals priced like this on most jobs, $100 down and $50 a hour not to stop till im done except I will take a water break and the home owner is responsible for all repairs.

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »

my agreement is that i'll do the cutting out, hive removal, clean up of hive mess, but the putting back together is the owners job.  of course, i do mine for free, so they don't mind.  i get gas money this year, but that's it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:37:03 PM »

I do some of my own repairs but have two friends who are real fix it types, one is a contractor, one is skilled with his hands and can fix just about anything.

Most customers want everything put back, painted, etc...very few will put back themselves.

I prefer putting it back so I can bee proof the area. If they put back the bee proofing is usually lacking and they get bees again in the same spot.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:47:44 PM »

and i should add that with very few exceptions, mine are outbuildings.  i live in farm country and that's where most of them seem to end up.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »

When the bees are gone, I am gone. No clean up, no repairs. If the repairman doesn't make it bee proof, it is his free return, not mine.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
TimLa
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:01 PM »

I need to read up on cutouts... how/when do you decide 'all the bees are gone'?  The reason I ask is that I think I found a wild hive in an abandoned well pump house on my land...

-T

Some days you just want to line them all up and start asking questions.
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 01:10:12 AM »

I don't do repairs, I may seal it up, but not finish quality.  Most of mine have been in old structures that are being torn down, or a contractor is waiting for the bees to be removed so they can do a job.  I haven't done a whole lot of them though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next