Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 03, 2014, 01:34:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: would this have happened to Michael Moore?  (Read 648 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: April 16, 2009, 04:48:22 PM »

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/320303.html

i have no doubt that the MSM hate him, but i'd love to know who called to have him removed. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »

I don't really care for Ms. couric, but he was trespassing on private property. He was asked to leave, he could have been arrested. Besides he did sound kinda whiney didn't he?
 David
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 02:26:38 AM »

How do we know it was private property?  From some of the comments made I formed the impression that the event was taking place at a College or University, which would make it public property.  If so the reporter was well within his rights and the security guards or police could and should be sued for false imprisonment (aka false arrest). 

Placing handcuffs on a person constitutes the act of an arrest.  His movements were restricted to the physical placement of the officers who placed the cuffs on him.  In fact, false imprisonment is accomplished by simply detaining a person beyond the time necessary to properly identify the person.  That is the Law.

He was obviously not causing a disturbance nor was he blocking anybodies passage. 

If he was on private property the procedures for invoking trespass was not followed.  In order to invoke trespass the person must be informed that they are persona non grata and told to leave the premises.  If, after several warnings, the person doesn't remove themselves from the property, they are then trespassing.  This man was not told, during the film clip, that he was not welcome on the property and that he must vacate.  He was told he was restricted to a specific area.  For that restriction to have legal force it must be conspiculously posted for public view.  I saw no signs designating such restrictions.

In either case, the actions taken by the uniformed officals was unlawful and unconstitutional.

I've noticed that most liberals react emotionally instead of factually.  Emotionally we see one thing, factually it is often something quite the opposite.  I would say that that is the defining trait between liberal and conservative: emotion verses reason.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »

USC is a private university and if you review the tape he was specifically asked to leave about half way through the tape.
    I'm not saying they may not have given that  propagandist pig Micheal Moore a pass, but this is a matter of private property rights.  He was asked to leave and didn't. This guy was just trying to make a name for himself by pushing the envelope and getting an interview on Fox. Which he succeeded in doing.

David

P.S.  I am very much a conservative and is the reason I feel strongly about private property rights,  I can disagree with someone even if he is on our side.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »

i think he was probably in the wrong, but that was not the question.  also, if you watched all the way to the end, they did some damage to him.  i have mixed feelings about that.  he did come very close to resisting and they did what they did.

if this had been a MM type of journalist, this tape would have been top news on every 6pm show.  of course, if this guy were doing liberal docs, his stuff would be played in major theaters.  smiley
he has done some pretty provocative stuff directed at the left. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next