Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 03:54:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i am on a list  (Read 1956 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: April 14, 2009, 12:18:47 PM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

http://www.thelibertypapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hsa-rightwing-extremism-09-04-07.pdf

it took me the better part of the morning to access this stuff and at least skim it. people are so angry every site was jammed.  read it and weep.  we are not on the list if we are conservatives.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »

I doubt that you are on a list. Smiley  This is just a blatant attempt for the dumbocrats to hold on to power through intimidation.  I know the American people are going to wake up and smell the coffee in 2010 and elect new leadership.  Can you say bye-bye dumbocrats. evil

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
lmehaffey
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »

Heck, I've been on one list or another since 1968 and the SDS furor..... here's an idea: let's start our own list and put THEM on it! Let's see, where to begin....?? evil

It is what it is.......except when it isn't.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »

if i am not on the list, let me see if i can rectify that.   here is my request to our government.

DHS,

put me on the list.  i am one of those dangerous right wingers who believe in that inconvenient document call the constitution.  i believe states rights trump the feds.  i believe that the federal government was designed to be limited.  i believe in standing up against those things that i find morally wrong.  i believe that it is my duty to stand against my government when it is wrong.  i stand between my constitution and the destruction of my country by those who would engage in social engineering.  i served my country in the military, willing to give my life for those things i believe in.  now i serve as a civilian willing to be on the list, and if necessary, to give my life or freedom for those beliefs.  yes, put me on the list so that i may be counted as one who stood for my country.

sincerly,

radical right winger

maybe that will do it?   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
lmehaffey
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »

Yep...I'd say you just made the cut for "the list"!   grin

It is what it is.......except when it isn't.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »

Is this a continuation of the other list question?

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,20837.0.html

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »

no, this is about the new DHS doc put together for fed and local law enforcement on identification of right wing radicals.  read the .pdf file above.  it's pretty scary stuff.  you are pretty much on the list if  you disagree with this government.

in order to eliminate an enemy you must identify it.  we are now identified by belief and association.

Alexis de Tocqueville
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 05:30:23 PM »

I heard about this today on Neil bortz and he said he wanted to be on the list too.  Not to many people realize that states rights was one of the reasons for the second American revolution. I have already heard there is a call for action.

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »

The part that caught my eye seems to indicate that about 90% of Americans could be classified as a threat to the federal government by the nature of it's wording: 

"rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration,"

Scary ain't it.

I'm going to say that the next election (2010) will reveal candidates from 2 new political parties:  The Tea Party, and the Conservative Coalition.  I will also predict that the number of states enacting 10th Amendment declarations will continue to grow.  There is going to be a confrontation between the Federal Government and the Individual States before the next Presidential Election and if Obama continues his goals of socializing America he will be voted out of Office.  It is either that or the Federal Government will declare a defacto martial law and abolish States Rights under the 10th Amendment by force of arms.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
RayMarler
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »

It is either that or the Federal Government will declare a defacto martial law and abolish States Rights under the 10th Amendment by force of arms.

This is what's going to happen from what I've read and seen of the congressional hearings and laws passed under the American public's nose in the last 9 years, without so much as a discussion by congress either.

Sitting in the shade, drinking lemon aid.
Enjoying the breeze while counting the bees.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 05:50:20 AM »

It is either that or the Federal Government will declare a defacto martial law and abolish States Rights under the 10th Amendment by force of arms.

But don't they need our sons and daughters to enforce that martial law?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 09:57:02 AM »

But don't they need our sons and daughters to enforce that martial law?

No, when Obama was out campaigning he said that he wanted to make a civilian para military force that was every bit as equipped as the U.S. Military.  This would be the new SS only its on U.S. soil and I have the funny feeling that some how Acorn will be in charge of it.

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 10:11:57 AM »

states have traded their rights for money for many years.  education, welfare, infrastructure, etc., all supported  with federal dollars.  we have also had activist courts that have allowed federal intrusion in to the rights of the states.  gun laws, abortion laws....things that should have been left to states.  most people don't realize  that the thing really wrong with roe v wade is that it never should have been a federal issue.  if it were overturned, the decisions on abortion would go back to the states where it always belonged.

to be honest, the erosion of states rights began with Lincoln.  it's been all down hill from there.

the scary thing about obamas' militia is not that it might happen.  i really don't think he can pull that off at the moment.  the scary thing is that he thought about it, and even talked about it.  it was another glimpse into the mind of the man, and THAT is the scary thing.  under the right circimstanes....for instance, bringing under control those radical right wingers, your national guards might be federalized and used. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 11:29:50 AM »

There was a guy from the American Legion in Washington on Fox News this morning (he may have been the head of it, I missed the intro).  It's utterly amazing that they'd besmirch the returning veterans the way they have with this report.  They're sworn to uphold the Constitution, and they're trying to make the sheeple believe they're somehow rabid militiamen - unfreakinbelievable.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 11:54:37 AM »

it is because we are sworn to protect the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic, that we are a danger.  that might have been his thinking behind his domestic military. to whom would they swear allegiance?

Alexis de Tocqueville
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 02:50:53 PM »

kathyp, I agree with you and would like to respond to more of your post but I can not say what I think on the forum and don't have the vocabulary to express it any other way!

"Semper Fi"
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 07:19:19 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090415/ap_on_go_co/homeland_security_extremists

Republicans criticize report on right-wing groups
By EILEEN SULLIVAN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON – Republicans on Wednesday said a Homeland Security Department intelligence assessment unfairly characterizes military veterans as right-wing extremists. House Republican leader John Boehner described the report as offensive and called on the agency to apologize to veterans.

The agency's intelligence assessment, sent to law enforcement officials last week, warns that right-wing extremists could use the bad state of the U.S. economy and the election of the country's first black president to recruit members.

The assessment also said that returning military veterans who have difficulties assimilating back into their home communities could be susceptible to extremist recruiters or might engage in lone acts of violence.

"To characterize men and women returning home after defending our country as potential terrorists is offensive and unacceptable," said Boehner, R-Ohio.

The commander of the veterans group the American Legion, David Rehbein, wrote to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano expressing concern with the assessment, which made its way into the mainstream press after conservative bloggers got wind of the analysis.

Rehbein called the assessment incomplete and said it lacked statistical evidence. He said the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing by military veteran Timothy McVeigh was one instance of a veteran becoming a domestic terrorist.

"To continue to use McVeigh as an example of the stereotypical 'disgruntled military veteran' is as unfair as using Osama bin Laden as the sole example of Islam," Rehbein said in the April 13 letter.

Napolitano defended the assessment and others issued by the agency.

"Let me be very clear — we monitor the risks of violent extremism taking root here in the United States," Napolitano said in a statement. "We don't have the luxury of focusing our efforts on one group; we must protect the country from terrorism whether foreign or homegrown, and regardless of the ideology that motivates its violence."

Napolitano said the department respects and honors veterans and that she intends to meet with Rehbein next week after she returns from a tour of the U.S.-Mexico border and meetings in Mexico City.

The agency describes these assessments as part of a series published "to facilitate a greater understanding of the phenomenon of violent radicalization in the United States."

In February, the department issued a report to law enforcement that said left-wing extremist groups were likely to use cyber attacks more often in the next 10 years to further their cause.

In September, the agency highlighted how right-wing extremists over the past five years have used the immigration debate as a recruiting tool.

Between September 2008 and Feb. 5, the agency issued at least four reports, obtained by The Associated Press, on individual extremist groups such as the Moors, Vinlanders Social Club, Volksfront and Hammerskin Nation.

But the references to military veterans in the recent report angered conservatives.

"The department is engaging in political and ideological profiling of people who fought to keep our country safe from terrorism, uphold our nation's immigration laws, and protect our constitutional right to keep and bear arms," said Rep. Gus Bilirakis, R-Fla.,

Texas Rep. Lamar Smith accused the department of painting "law-abiding Americans, including war veterans, as 'extremists.'"

Indiana Rep. Steve Buyer, the ranking Republican on the House Veterans' Affairs committee, said it was "inconceivable" that the administration would consider military veterans a potential terrorist threat.

Jerry

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 10:14:17 AM »

Here you go.

Homeland Security Phone # 202-282-8000

Jam up the phone lines and tell them how outraged you are.

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »

i think i'll just call and make sure they spelled my name correctly  smiley   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »

i think i'll just call and make sure they spelled my name correctly  smiley   evil
  Don't make me laugh when I'm eating!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next