Our temps dropped 30 degrees after I hived my packages, so I decided to try to make some wraps similar to those "Bee Cozy" covers seen on YouTube. They are basically just an insulated sleeve that fits over a double stack of hive bodies, and is held in place by the telescoping cover. I also made an insulated pad to fit under the telescoping cover, but there is still a small vent hole to allow moisture to escape. I figured my new packages has their work cut out for them, with all the comb building and brood rearing, and that if I could help them keep the temps in the hive up to incubate the young for the next few weeks, it couldn't hurt. Right away I noticed more syrup intake and more foraging activity, even at lower temps. I'll keep the group posted on my results, as it only cost me about $15 and 30 minutes of time to make 2 of them, and I have materials left over for a few more.