Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 11:19:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I carry a gun  (Read 3362 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »

John you did tell me a story about absinthe grin

Keith
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »

Uhhhh...ok,......Let me wait till it gets dark and I'll tell you some stuff! Wink

your friend,
john

woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »

I got declined from being able to make the purchase!!!
 I havent even been convicted of a felony!
Delayed or Declined ? I get delayed every time I try to buy a new gun and I've got permits to carry in three different states. I've had those permits since the early 80's and I can assure you my past is clean as a whistle. It happens sometimes and if you got delayed I'd urge you to pursue this and get your 10/22 while "The Great One" will still allow you to do so. 

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 11:33:32 PM »

You hit it on the head Chopper!
 I emailed ATF with my situation...they said they needed a NICS #....Told me to get that from walmart...I called walmart and told the lady about what I needed for the ATF because I was declined....She told me that I wasnt declined and that the other salesman was wrong about me being declined,...She said, just like you mentioned woodchopper..I was delayed, not declined, and I will probably get a call later.
 Id'a called the sherriffs dept, but I called a friend at the police dept....He couldnt help me as it was ATF stuff and he couldnt get into their business.
 I figure everything should work out. As long as the gun is still there, I'll be cool. Guns arent a big part of my life, but the way things are now I think its a good idea to get 'em while the gettins' good!

your friend,
john

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 12:21:05 AM »

it is kind of an ATF thing, but the checks are usually run through another agency.  for instance, ours checks are run from the sheriffs through the state and depending on what you are trying to do, the FBI. so local can at least tell you what hangs things up, but maybe your police have a policy that won't let them do that.  walmart and other dealers can't do that for you.  all they can do is sell or not.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 07:08:37 AM »

John, don't count on getting a call to much later, same thing happened to me, waited on an call, it has been over a year with still no call, I would just have someone else purchase a firearm for me if I wanted one   Wink

"Semper Fi"
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »

Only Private party sales for me grin no paper trial no record gun in hand

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 10:03:33 PM »

Mr Bigfish, you think you got it bad; there is  a felon in Mich. with my exact name, birthdate, and description. I finally got a concelled weapons permit and no longer have problems. Everytime I wanted to by a handgun I had to get finger printed by police and then they would delay, delay and delay. I finally told the sheriff I'm coming down there and I either want my permit to purchase or to be arrested for trying to get a permit illegally. In N.C. you get a permit to purchase from the sheriff before you buy. He thought I was just being a smart a--, but I got the permit.

David 

woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »

You hit it on the head Chopper!
 I emailed ATF with my situation...they said they needed a NICS #....Told me to get that from walmart...I called walmart and told the lady about what I needed for the ATF because I was declined....She told me that I wasnt declined and that the other salesman was wrong about me being declined,...She said, just like you mentioned woodchopper..I was delayed, not declined, and I will probably get a call later.
 Id'a called the sherriffs dept, but I called a friend at the police dept....He couldnt help me as it was ATF stuff and he couldnt get into their business.
 I figure everything should work out. As long as the gun is still there, I'll be cool. Guns arent a big part of my life, but the way things are now I think its a good idea to get 'em while the gettins' good!

your friend,
john
Don't wait for the phone call John. When you get delayed the ATF or whoever delayed you has one week to stop the sale. If Wal-Mart or your local gun shop doesn't hear anything from them within that time you are 100% legal to buy that firearm. Make sure you buy plenty of ammo for it when you pick it up because ammo is getting real scarce these days. Glad I reload. evil evil

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 08:27:06 PM »

Thanks for that tidbit of information 'Chopper. I think Friday is my week of waiting...maybe even tomorrow or Thursday.
 The ammo....Thats why I went with the 22 instead of an AK or something similar. I remember reading a while back that most people killed in our country are from 22 hits...Sure surprised me! And, speakinb of ammo...There were a couple of Pauls friends sighting their rifles in on last Sunday....300 mm or something like that( they are fixing to go to Africa to kill something. At any rate, I sked how much the shells cost, just out of curiosity.....$89.00 for 20 rounds, before tax!
 Oh yeh, Chopper....Have you got a link on the one week ATF deal so I can wave it under the Walmarts guys nose? That would sure help my case if i dont hear anything!
Thanks again!

your friend,
john

woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 09:12:37 PM »

Thanks for that tidbit of information 'Chopper. I think Friday is my week of waiting...maybe even tomorrow or Thursday.
 The ammo....Thats why I went with the 22 instead of an AK or something similar. I remember reading a while back that most people killed in our country are from 22 hits...Sure surprised me! And, speakinb of ammo...There were a couple of Pauls friends sighting their rifles in on last Sunday....300 mm or something like that( they are fixing to go to Africa to kill something. At any rate, I sked how much the shells cost, just out of curiosity.....$89.00 for 20 rounds, before tax!
 Oh yeh, Chopper....Have you got a link on the one week ATF deal so I can wave it under the Walmarts guys nose? That would sure help my case if i dont hear anything!
Thanks again!

your friend,
john
Even .22 ammo is gettting hard to find and more expensive. Think I've read the 10/22 will preform well with pretty much anything you feed it. Although more expensive the CCI 100 packs sold at Wal-Mart are much cleaner and consistent than the value packs. I buy alot of both......just because. grin grin
 I'll do a search at a couple of the gun forums I'm on tomorrow and try to dig up that law for you regarding being delayed. For the record even gun shops sometimes don't call you back when you are allowed to buy a gun after being delayed. Most of them are pretty busy these days because of the fear of the AWB being renewed.

woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 11:19:14 AM »

Thanks again!
Here you go :

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#p34

(P34) Will NICS provide an instant response? [Back]

NICS will not always provide an instant response. Licensees will receive either a “proceed”, “denied”, “delayed”, or “cancelled” response from NICS. If a “proceed” response is received, the transfer may proceed. If a “denied” response is received, the transfer may not proceed. If a “delayed” response is received, the transfer must be delayed until a “proceed” response is received from NICS or until the lapse of 3 business days, whichever occurs first. Of course, the licensee must still comply with any waiting period requirements under State law. See Question P29 for a discussion of cancelled transactions.

(P35) For purposes of the Brady law, what is meant by a “business day?” [Back]

A business day is defined as any day on which State offices are open.

(P36) If a licensee contacts NICS on Thursday, December 2, and gets a “delayed” response, when may the licensee transfer the firearm if no further response is received from NICS? [Back]

The firearm may be transferred on Wednesday, December 8. Assuming State offices are open on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, and closed on Saturday and Sunday, 3 business days would have elapsed at the end of Tuesday, December 7. Therefore, the licensee may transfer the firearm at the start of business on Wednesday, December 8. The 3 business days do not include the day the NICS check is initiated.
  Hope this explains everything for you John.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next