Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 04:54:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I carry a gun  (Read 3310 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: April 15, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »

Came to me in an email thought some might enjoy
Keith

The Second Amendment is about the Right to Self-defense and Self-protection.  It's not just about deer rifles or the sport of hunting. 

The author of this little piece covers it very well... 

Why I Carry a Gun.

My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'." I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed. I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place. I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world. I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world. I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government. I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared. I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon. I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love. I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate. I don't carry a gun because I love it.. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me." Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you FROM Crime;They investigate the crime AFTER it happens. And then try to clean up the mess. Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'."..author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The Average response time of a .45 ACP is 850 Feet Per Second.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:13:45 AM »

super!! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »

That true
Johnny
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »

Here a quote that is my signature on my Email

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” ~George Washington

Johnny
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:19:45 AM »

Came to me in an email thought some might enjoy
Keith

Average response time of a .45 ACP is 850 Feet Per Second.

Priceless!
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 05:59:12 AM »

Very well said   cheer

"Semper Fi"
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 06:12:47 AM »

Here a quote that is my signature on my Email

"a free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” ~George Washington

Johnny

Johnny, that is a beautiful quote.  It's too bad we lost our independence a few decades back.  This country would be a much better place if the people had heeded those words.
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 07:04:03 AM »

Two of my favorite gun quotes:

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While
this give moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to
the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the
body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion
of your walks.
  Thomas Jefferson

Fireams stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's
liberty teeth and keystone under independence... From the hour the pilgrims landed, to the
present day events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and
happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensible... The very atmosphere of
firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all
that's good.
George Washington.
MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:04:15 AM »

All fine expressions, I concur with you all!!

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »

Speakin' of guns......I went to Walmart to but a 10/22 a couple days ago( mostly to dress up and make look cool...perhaps shoot someo...I mean something)
 I got declined from being able to make the purchase!!!
 I havent even been convicted of a felony!
 The guy at the counter, when asked if this occurs often, he said" All the time."...Someone must know something I dont know...or remember...He asked me if I had ever been declined, and i told him I hadnt bought a gun in over 25 years! I wasnt really mad tho, but I did wanna get one before they cant be gotten any more. Maybe walmart will call me back to tell me I'm ok to get it.

your friend,
john

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »

Speakin' of guns......I went to Walmart to but a 10/22 a couple days ago( mostly to dress up and make look cool...perhaps shoot someo...I mean something)
 The guy at the counter, when asked if this occurs often, he said" All the time."...Someone must know something I dont know...or remember...He asked me if I had ever been declined, and i told him I hadnt bought a gun in over 25 years! I wasnt really mad tho, but I did wanna get one before they cant be gotten any more. Maybe walmart will call me back to tell me I'm ok to get it.

your friend,
john

I suppose the old: "you know I was convicted of killing the last guy that told me I was declined" comment probably wouldn't help.   grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:10:49 PM »

they run a very superficial local, state, and federal check.  your name may have popped up for any number of reasons, including your name being close to or the same as someone elses  name.  best thing to do is call your local sheriff if he/she is the helpful type.  tell them what happened and see if they can run your name and at least tell you what came up.  some will do it, some won't.  if it's a simple mistake, you can probably fix it and get your gun.  if it's something else, better to know now....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:20:55 PM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 11:14:22 PM »

I suppose the old: "you know I was convicted of killing the last guy that told me I was declined" comment probably wouldn't help.   grin

But it might  help if you throw a  hissy fit soapbox whip thunder

Johnny
Ernest T. Bass
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 12:45:54 AM »

"Wear short sleeves; support your right to bare arms!"  grin

"One in the same, Bass is the name!"

Have a minute to burn? Perhaps you'd like to check out some of the movies that my siblings and I like to make...

Lund Family Productions
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 02:46:22 AM »

your friend,
john

Knowing Wal-Mart they probably called a credit rating clearing house instead of the proper hot line.    Bounce any checks in the last century?    banana devil  lau

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 10:22:32 AM »

your friend,
john

I suppose the old: "you know I was convicted of killing the last guy that told me I was declined" comment probably wouldn't help.   grin
And saying your going to play Timothy McVeigh the postmaster won't help ether I know it got me in some trouble one time.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »

are you on a list!!   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 11:05:44 AM »

are you on a list!!   evil
probably next to you evil

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 01:49:32 PM »

Hmmmm.....You suppose Paul had anything to do with it?. he kept blabbing that he has a concealed handgun permit, and that he'd buy it for me if they wouldnt sell it to me!......and every time he opened his mouth, Beer and dip fumes poured right out! grin
 Or maybe they didnt like the ketcup and mustard on the front of my tee shirt!
your friend,
john

Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »

Ketchup and mustard on the front of your shirt huh, if this was a few weeks ago you could have showed them what was under your shirt.
Oh its too bad you don't still have your hernia, you could have threatened to show it to the guy, that thing was like a concealed weapon, my eyes my eyes.
Give me what I want or I'm showing you my belly button.

Now you have to find out why they didn't give it to you, we all want to know. Maybe you had some sordid secret past that we don't know about and that you just want to forget about....
Tell us friend, what have you done? We won't tell evil
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next