Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 11:22:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What your other half thinks of your bees??  (Read 4332 times)
asleitch
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 09:51:29 AM »

Quote from: firetool
I think if we could affaird a bee suit she would go to the hives with me. I hope I can get here one here pretty soon.

Get some overalls, white or khaki coloured, and sew a zip on if it has buttons, and then find an old hat and then just get some veil material. My beeshop stock this for about $2, you could lash something together, or sew some elastic into the veil to attach it to an old hat.

Adam
beandoggle66
New Bee

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 01:23:22 PM »

I told my wife before Christmas that I wanted to get into beekeeping. She immediately knew what she was going to get me for Christmas. Beekeeping books.

I have been reading as much as possible and was able to buy two used hives that I am still trying to clean. My bees and tools have been ordered and my wife keeps asking me when will we receive them.

She seems excited about the process and I think once I am into the hives inspecting bees, she may be less afraid of joining me once she sees how they work. I have received my magazines and take interest in reading them and learning much. I think she is excited to see how to extract honey and how much honey we will receive from the hives.

Either way, I am in this for the fun of it and something that I have always thought very fascinating.
beefree
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2005, 09:40:35 PM »

My husband helped me harvest last year,  kind of an intense first experience for him.  He took a couple gallons of the honey over to a friend and they made mead with it.  He liked that so much he is getting his own hive going this year, in addition to the hives i take care of that belong to others.  We will be moving out of this development in the next three years, and onto 5 acres or so, if things work out as planned...it'll mean more bees for both of us.
beefree

Those who are merciful to the cruel become callous to the meek.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next