I received my first package this morning and hived them this afternoon. This was my first time ever and I think it went really well. I now have some questions that I'm sure you all can help me with.
1. How important is it that the hive is level side to side?
2. How long is sugar water good for once made up?
3. Is it ok to have a brood builder patty and sugar water in the hive together?
4. How do you keep birds from eating your bees? I watched today and saw a bunch of birds near the hive that seemed to be eating some of the bees.
5. How do you get your remainder frames in without squishing the bees once you have poured your package in? I found this pretty difficult since the bees were piled up so high in the bottom. I hope I didn't squish to many this evening.
Sorry for all the questions (and I am sure I will have more) but you guys are great help.