Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 08:53:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first package of bees will be here on Tuesday!  (Read 616 times)
samwise
New Bee

« on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »

Just received word that my first bees will be here on Tuesday the 7th.  I've take the day off and wil do my best to give them a good home and make the "move-in" as easy as possible!!
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »

Good luck with installing the package.  Mine will be here the 22nd, hopefully.

David 
Two Bees
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 01:12:35 PM »

Sam,

Now the fun begins!  Next year, you will want to have more hives!

Good luck!

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.
reeegs22
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »

Mine are coming on the 27th and it is going to be a "sick" day from work for me.  CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! cool

smiley Mary
samwise
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »

Sam,

Now the fun begins!  Next year, you will want to have more hives!

Good luck!

I've got the second package coming in May... so I will have 2 hives this year... and hopefully next year too  Smiley

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »

I hate to hck my Install Video, but a few of may have not seen it (although over 50,000 Youtubers have) but I show what I think is a better way than traditionally thought of as far as pouring the bees through that feederr can hole.

I might suggest an improvement over this video, I'll be trying it myself sometime but I know it will work just as well. Use a sharp utility knife and cut the screens out, either completely or in a "U" shape just on one side (imilar to this video below. The bees really aren't going anywhere, don't extend the knife blade any further than needed and on single TAP and all the bees just fall out in a single BLOB into the hive - no shaking the shipping cage like tramatically like I've seen in so many videos. There is no need to put your bees through torment and upset them JUST to get them out of a shipping cage.

If you haven't seen this video, I hope it helps and good luck to all of you who are getting your bees for the first time. Oh, and at the youtube site, they have upped this to a Hi-Quality mode, looks really nice full screen.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a4a-Tw-qFI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a4a-Tw-qFI</a>

Just a note: the blue gloves was for handling my camera, I had several pair on and would peel them off as I moved the camera around - didn't want wax or feeder syrup getting in the camera works. I would normally do this bare-handed, but I strongly suggest anyone wears whatever personal equipment you feel comfortable using. Good luck Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next