Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 27, 2014, 02:58:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off to the Sun!  (Read 1455 times)
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« on: March 29, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »

Off to Orlando this morning..hopefully can get on the computer whilst there, Bruce is bringing his. It SNOWED yesterday. about 2 inches here..UGH!  Gotta run out & make sure everyone has water, full food & rinse the pond pump filter so Amanda doesn't have to do it till tomorrow! She stays here to watch all the animals but I like to have most everything ready so all she has to do is dump & run! Those of you with animals know how it is to prepare to leave em in someone elses care...  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »

You have a good one and take some pic's for us please.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »

I know what its like to have babysitters for the animals Jody. Its been cold here for the last two days.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »

have a great time.  i am a bit jealous.  it's snowing here now!!   Wink

take lots of pictures and ENJOY!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

It's very warm!  I saw an armadillo snuffling on the side of the road, trees with things that look like green beans hanging down...turtles, bass, egret, loon & heron type birds, purple martins..wierd bugs! We are staying @ Disneys Old Key West.  The grounds are beautiful, canals & pond/lakes.  Went to Epcot this am, going back later today, did Hollywood last night, Tower of Terror & Rockin Rollercoaster WOO HOO!  Thunderstorms moved through a little while ago, rained like the dickens...still hot though! Brendhan, I thought of you as we rented a YARIS for the day to get groceries!!  Off to call Amanda to see how the animals are behaving! J

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 09:01:22 PM »

Oh Jody, you lucky soul, you!!!  I hope you have the time of your life doing stuff in the land of the sun.  I am sure things will all be well at home.  Yes, that is the hardest thing about going away when you got animals......serious..hard stuff to let it go.  I think we are going to have a power out tonight, bad winds comin'.  Have the best vacation, I can't wait to hear your stories and tales.  Love this life, and have that most wonderful and awesome day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »

Cindi Amanda said it was snowing yesterday am!  Oh My!  It was close to 90 yesterday & humid..we don't have humidity @ home, makes you very uncomfortable!  Met a nice family from Alabama, the cutest little 5yr old girl.  She rode w/Chels on the Everest Yeti roller coaster, had a blast! Animal Kingdom was yesterday, my kind of place!  They did close the Yeti ride whilst we were in line cause of thunderstorms. Today Hollywood again to watch Beauty & Beast, Nemo, maybe another shot on Tower of Terror. I do want to explore the grounds, the condo is beautiful, google Disney Old Key West & you can probably get a feel.  It is so nice to have a kitchen & not have to eat all that pre processed cooked food!  I take my Juice Plus so am getting all the veggies & fruits, well, not as much as if at home but adequate!  Off to play!  Cindi, you have a generator & all to get you through when power is out?  j

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:10:58 AM »

sounds like you are having a great time!  bring the good weather back with you. as Cindi said, it's been crap here.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »

I live 5 hours from Disney and I am ashamed to say that it has been 30 years since my last visit.

Jody, your post makes me think about taking my grandchildren. thanks

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »

JOdy, love that sun, while you can.  Amanda and Kathy are both right, the weather is crap here, worse than that actually, hee, hee.  We did have snow yesterday at our place too, go figure, Amanda must have sent it up, smiling.  I see you posted at 5:20 A.M. you that irly bird, hope you caught that worm.  I am so lazy these days, just so sleepy.  We don't get the humidity either, like you, it is always nice air, warm but not that stick in your lungs humidity, thank goodness.  Enjoy your little holiday girl, when you comin' home?  Beautiful days in these great lives, health, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »

Jody, forgot to answer your question.  Yes, my wonderful Husband purchased a generator last year and it has helped us through many a power loss this past year.  For some strange reason, we always get to many power outages in winter, it sucks and is stupid.  Ken has it to hook up to the furnace and a couple of lights, so we have heat and lights.  We cook on our coleman stove, so you barely know the power is gone, smiling, miss ya, J.  Cindi

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:15 PM »

Wow, Jodi!
 It sounds like youre having a really good time! I hope it gets even better for you!!
and.....dont forget the pics!...We wanna see too!

your friend,
john

poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:37 AM »

Monsoon today, so hard I can't see across the courtyard/pool area! Warm though.  Sort of waiting it out & going to the Magic Kingdom today.  Fantasmic was amazing last night.  It is funny how when you live close tothings you never go!  Asprince I live 1 hr from Seattle & haven't been to the Pike place market or ferries or any of that stuff in 25 or more years too so don't feel bad! I am awful @ pics, so  busy looking at things that I don't remember to take em!  There are cute little lizards running all over, males doing the throat display, fun to watch.  Condo is huge, grounds are amazing. Big bamboo sounds really creepy & scritchity in the rain shocked  Sounds like the thunder/lightning & rain is letting up so off to do something!  J

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next