Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 11:37:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad But True  (Read 1349 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« on: March 28, 2009, 04:48:07 PM »

A dog had followed his owner to school. His owner was a fourth grader at a public elementary school. However, when the bell rang, the dog sidled inside the building and made it all the way to the child's classroom before a teacher noticed and shooed him outside, closing the door behind him.? The dog sat down, whimpered and stared at the closed doors. Then God appeared beside the dog, patted his head, and said,

'Don't feel bad fella'...they won't let ME in either'.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »

So true and I agree so sad. Its a huge loss for everyone when they do this.
In one of the schools that one of my children goes to they told the children they could not call the tree in the lobby a Christmas tree, it must be called a holiday tree and that we could not wish everyone merry christmas but only a happy holiday.
I am the classroom mom in that class and organize the classroom parties and when I asked about what they wanted me to do for the christmas party this year they said they were going to just call it holidays around the world and decorate icecream cones to look like "holiday trees" and not bother with a celebration.
Its a big difference from when my oldest children went to that school.
My another of my sons goes to another school and he is in first grade and they were not allowed to dress up for halloween and have a party in his class because one child was from another country and his parents made a big deal out of them not celebrating halloween so did not want their child exposed to it.  I know some people won't agree but it really breaks my heart and I feel the kids miss out.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 08:29:54 PM »

My family, who side on the far right on many issues (My sister pulled her kids out of public school for reasons to include...Gasp!..."you know they have harry Potter in the library!), has discussed this topic many times at the dinner table. Last time it went like this....

Dad.."It's a shame they took prayer out of the school! Kids today need that kind of upbringing."

Me..."Well Dad, would you support classes beyond Christianity? Like a class about Islam, LDS, or any other group?"

Dad..."Heck No! Those are not religions! They are CULTS! They do not believe in the Bible."

Me..."Yeah, and that's why your religion should not be in the school either!"

I just wish they would educate kids on stuff like reading, computers, and other academic studies. Quite frankly, I choose a church based on many things. And even though they are called the same, one church can be quite different then the next, even with the same name on the front. I personally do not want some union card carrying, college indoctrinated, public school teacher, talking to my kids about God and any other twisted thoughts that one could possibly have. Teach my kid the basics. And leave the religion (and the schools twisted political indoctrination) to the parents.

We had a moment of silence when I went to school where kids could pray if they wanted. Not so sure many of my classmates made good time of this moment. Me??...I was busy scoping out the girls sitting in front of me... grin Hey...I turned out just fine! banana devil

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »

I am not talking about anyone teaching religion in school I am talking about children celebrating halloween like they always have by dressing up in costumes and eating junk food.
I don't think the school should change that because some kid from another country moved here and the parents don't celebrate halloween, keep your kid home if you are not happy with the idea but don't force the school to change something that has been a tradition for many years.
I am talking about wishing someone merry christmas and calling a christmas tree exactly what it is, a christmas tree. I don't think my child should be told that he is not allowed to say merry christmas to anyone or to be told that what he is drawing in class is a christmas tree and not a holiday tree.
They don't like religion in school and I don't like someone telling my kids that say the word christmas is wrong.
Why can they( and the do) celebrate and teach about kwanaza in school, the chinese new year or any of the other holidays but not christmas?
Its a double standard.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Note this part... "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

They can not stop anyone from calling it a Christmas tree.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »

Dad..."Heck No! Those are not religions! They are CULTS! They do not believe in the Bible."

Some one needs to find a dictionary and read up on the definitions of: Cult, Sect, Denomination, Congregation, Church, and Religious Order.

For your information the LDS Church does believe in the Bible (King James Version), I know, I'm LDS and I have one and I use it.

Would it surprize you to find out that all the terms I listed are actually synonyms?

The biggest Cult I'm aware of is the Papal See.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 12:30:32 AM »

the problem is the congress part.  the states can do whatever they want.  unfortunately, the states have bought into the bogus 'separation' argument and are running scared from the groups that keep taking them to court.  the courts compound the problem by propping up separation.  it's another one of those those things that the supreme court should not have heard, and should not have been applied to the states.

they not only celebrate Kwanzaa, some schools have gone so far as to have Muslim days where kids dress up and study Islam.  grade and middle school kids.

i have not heard anyone say that they want Christianity taught in schools.  just that we don't want it untaught.  i don't know how you can teach history and leave the words of the founder out of it.  how do you teach about some of the early settlers without teaching kids why they left their homes to come here. 

not only is prayer in schools banned, some districts have banned moments of silence because it might be interpreted as prayer.  they have banned the invocation and benediction at graduation, and even the mention of faith in the commencement speeches.  they teach evolution as a fact even though they can not prove it, but  mention creation as an alternative and you are finished.

It is the duty of all men in society, publicly, and at stated seasons, to worship the SUPREME BEING, the great Creator and Preserver of the universe. And no subject shall be hurt, molested, or restrained, in his person, liberty, or estate, for worshipping GOD in the manner most agreeable to the dictates of his own conscience; or for his religious profession or sentiments; provided he doth not disturb the public peace, or obstruct others in their religious worship.
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

i like harry potter.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »

Here is what Texas has to say;

SEC. 6. All men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences. No man shall be compelled to attend, erect or support any place of worship, or to maintain any ministry against his consent. No human authority ought, in any case whatever, to control or interfere with the rights of conscience in matters of religion, and no preference shall ever be given by law to any religious society or mode of worship. But it shall be the duty of the Legislature to pass such laws as may be necessary to protect equally every religious denomination in the peaceable enjoyment of its own mode of worship.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 07:13:23 AM »

some schools have gone so far as to have Muslim days where kids dress up and study Islam.  grade and middle school kids.

They should dress up with suicide vest on walk into the middle of the quad and pronounce BOOM I just killed all of you. Administrators might rethink the whole dress up idea

Keith
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »

some schools have gone so far as to have Muslim days where kids dress up and study Islam.  grade and middle school kids.

They should dress up with suicide vest on walk into the middle of the quad and pronounce BOOM I just killed all of you. Administrators might rethink the whole dress up idea

Keith

Keiths epitaph;  Hung by PTA Vigilantes.  He dared to challenge being  beat a dead horse  politically correct.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 09:44:36 AM »

That was a good one Keith
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:08 AM »

Keith your on there LIST now grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next