Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 01, 2014, 10:30:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KathyP, for you, the germination proof of phacelia and borage, smiling  (Read 1538 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: March 23, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »

Kathy as promised, this will show the borage officinalis and phacelia tanacetifolia growing.  Been having such an issue with internet services I am not sure I will have the time to get all of this in this post, keep being bumped out.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, Cindi

Phacelia and Borage about two weeks after germination, both pictures were taken in consecutive years, so the dates will vary, depending upon the weather around.  They both germinate in pretty cool conditions.  ACtually phacelia prefers a cooler temperature, say around 45 degrees.

Phacelia and Borage showing first bloom, they bloom pretty quickly once growing strong.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »

Beautiful Pictures!!  Wish it would grow here. bee bee bee
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »

cindi, thanks!!  i think i'll be able to plant soon.  just didn't want to plant to soon and lose it.  great pic.  wish my garden looked so tended.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »

Kathy, just remember, there are alot of hungry birds around, lightly cover the seeds so they can't see them, smiling.  Beautiful day in our great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »

Beautiful pics Cindi! Love the rocks too.

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:08:45 AM »

i am going to do it today if the ground is not to muddy to turn. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »

thanks cindi.  grin  I am getting jealous of everyone I thinks its time to sell and move out of the city.

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 08:50:43 PM »

by borage is coming up!!!!  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next