I put the 2 nucs that I had housed 2 swarms into our at my archery club where I had noticed a heap of melaleuca flower and emerging eucalyptus flower in the hope of building up both nucs quickly.
I had a check of the 2 boxes a week later showed that one of the nucs had maybe a dozen capped cells in it, no eggs and a queen running around. The other box was much the same as when I had installed it but I did notice quite a few SHB in both boxes. So I combined both nucs and brought them home and put them in a full deep with 7 frames that included the empty brood cells and with a bottom board SHB trap. Had 2 shb before I even closed them up.
Next morning I had a couple of dozen SHB dead in the oil, this afternoon some more shb and a couple of shb larva. Panic stations on seeing the larva so I opened the box and went through the hive frame by frame. Girls doing well, no evidence of shb or larva, eggs in the empty brood cells so it looks as though the active queen won out and the combined girls are dealing with the shb.. (fingers crossed). I realise though that I am going to have to watch this hive
I have a new queen arriving on Wednesday that I will hive with the combined nuc. I have a hive with this strain of queen in it and they are very aggressive towards the shb and very active layers so I am hoping to see this nuc take off.